19. JULIET AND THE WAKE

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

Summer 1975

Wands were swinging from left to right. The spells destroying everything on their path. Lights blinding anyone who dared watch the scene. Screams of Muggles running away.

With a pounding heart, Juliet stood there and looked around, unable to move. Then, she felt her heart tearing into shreds the second her eyes met with her twin's dead body.

She shrieked, her eyes snapped open. "JAMES! NO!" She screamed.

James, who had been on her side the whole time, reacted quickly and grabbed her wrist in an attempt to calm her frantic state. "Juliet!" He called her repeatedly.

She wouldn't stop squirming and sobbing, so he brought her into a hug, keeping her close to him. "It's okay. I'm here. I'm here."

Peter and the Lupins barged in, the boys and man with their wands in hand, lowering it when they saw there were no danger in sight. They stood there awkwardly but saddened by the state of the girl, not knowing what to do, until Lyall shooed them all out, following after.

It took her a good fifteen minutes to finally be calm enough for him to let go. James' heart dropped when he saw her swollen red eyes but wanted to cheer up. "Godric, you look ugly when you cry."

"People aren't suppose to look good when they cry, James! You gormless prat!" She smacked his arm multiple times causing him to raise then to protect himself, whimpering each time she hit him.

"Ouch! Gosh! Stop it! I said, stop it woman!" She finally stopped and he pouted, massaging his arm. "You're so violent."

"And you're a big baby."

"Daft cow." He glared.

She gasped. "Arsehole!"

"Minger!"

"Tosser!"

They both glared at each other for a few seconds before they broke into smiles. Whenever they insulted each other, they never took it to heart, they were twins, fraternal ones but still looked alike. If one was ugly, the other definitely was too, and those two's egos were too big for them to actually mean it.

After their little teasing and cheering up, James ended up telling her about everything that happened when she was unconscious. How the battle ended, what happened to the Muggles, the Death Eaters arrested, and their father.