48. JULIET AND PEACEFUL MORNINGS

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

December 1975

Waking up next to Juliet Potter was something Remus Lupin never thought he would get to do one day, despite his deepest desire to hold her forever.

Laying there as the sun battled to shine through the curtains, he felt as though he was in heaven.

He hadn't taken notice the previous night as he entered the room, or kissed her, or argued with her, nor when his overthinking led him to his slumber; but there was a gentle scent of lavender in her room.

Or perhaps it was just her bedsheets.

He didn't want to get up, he never wanted to move. He wanted to stay there forever, with her in his arms.

He looked down at her.  He never noticed how long her eyelashes were. Her lips were slightly parted, hair messy and falling on her cheeks. Drool had dried up on the side of her mouth.

She didn't look like a Disney princess, or a Hollywood model, she looked normal, like anyone else in a deep slumber. And yet, she was so effortlessly beautiful to him. Slowly reaching out to brush her hair back, he sighed at his own heart beating terribly fast, wondering if he would ever be able to stay composed around her.

One thing was sure, Remus Lupin wanted to wake up by her side everyday.

And then, the moment was ruined.

There was a knock on her door, making the werewolf snap his head towards it, eyes wide. His beloved girlfriend was still sleeping in his arms, and despite not having the heart to wake her up, he nudged her softly as there was another knock.

"Juliet." He whispered.

"Juliet? Are you awake?" He heard from behind the door.

Remus recognised the voice. Euphemia Potter. Sitting up abruptly, he nudged the girl again and she began to stir awake.

"What?" She questioned groggily, blinking repeatedly to get rid of the blurry vision, still laying down.

"Juliet? Can I come in?" Her mum's voice was heard once again.

"NO!" She yelled, jolting up, her head bumping into her boyfriend's, making her yelp loudly, while he attempted to stay quiet, both of them rubbing their foreheads.

"Are you okay??"

"I'm fine, mum! Coming! Let me, um, get dressed!"

They both got out of bed, panicking as she simply hid him next to her door, signalling him to be quiet and going to open her door while rubbing the drool away from her face.

"Good morning, mum." She smiled sheepishly.

"Hey, Jules." Euphemia smiled.

Juliet froze for a second, it had been a while since her mother called her by that nickname.