28. JULIET AND COMFORTING CUDDLES

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

September 1975

Juliet was slightly upset when she went back to the common room that night, and she was quite surprised to see Remus laying on the couch in front of the fireplace.

"Remus?" She called approaching him.

His eyes were closed. Assuming he was sleeping and not wanting to startle him, she kneeled down in front of the couch, softly caressing his hair. The Lupin boy opened his eyes hurriedly, immediately relaxing when he recognised the smell. Lavender.

"Hey." He greeted with a tired smile, tilting his head to look at the girl.

"Hey. Why are you sleeping here?" She questioned, not stopping the soft movement even after he had woken up, which he was secretly glad about.

"I didn't mean to. James was crying too loudly and I wanted peace."

"James was crying? Why?" Juliet froze frowning.

"Lily rejected him. Again." Remus shrugged, leaning into her touch.

"Typical Lily." He hummed in response.

Smiling softly at his tired expression as he closed his eyes for a moment, she started to remove her hand, intending to just go to her dorm.

Though, she had barely even pulled away that Remus grabbed her wrist, stopping her dead in her tracks. "Why'd you stop?"

"I thought I'd let you rest?"

"You thought wrong. Come back here." He pulled on her arm a bit harsher this time, causing her to fall on the couch, now sitting on his lap.

"Remus!" She scolded, eyes widened and blood rushing to her cheeks.

He studied her for a moment, then suddenly sat up, the brunette still on his lap. "Why are you upset?"

"I'm not upset." Lie.

She was actually surprised at how well he could read her.

"You are. You definitely are. You have a tell."

"What's my tell?"

"Well, I'm not telling because you'll work on it and I won't be able to tell anymore." The brown-haired boy smirked.

You bite your lips, fiddle with your earlobe and blink quickly. He thought.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes.

"So, tell me why you're upset?" He insisted, holding her hand and giving it a squeeze. Surprisingly, neither of them seemed to care about their position and proximity.

"I um... You know how I'm friends with Pandora, Regulus and Amos?" He nodded and it took everything in him, not to grimace at the Hufflepuff's name. "I, um, let something slip out about that night to them."

"Wait, what night?"

"When I went patrolling alone." She answered simply, not wanting to give that day any other name.

"Oh." He gaped at her. "What did they say?"

Juliet then went on a short ramble, telling the scarred boy everything that happened with her friends, a small pout adorning her lips, which made it difficult for the Marauder to not stare at them. But he shouldn't. Couldn't. He already upset her after attempting a few times. And she was already upset tonight, he was not going to take advantage of her vulnerability.

"Wait, Regulus called you a blood traitor?" Remus frowned, snapping back to reality. The twin girl nodded.

"It's fine. I don't really care. It's not the first time, nor will it be the last that somebody calls me or my family blood traitors."

The Potters did end up eradicated from the Sacred Twenty-Eight because of how friendly they were towards the muggles, muggle-borns, half-bloods and even squibs. They couldn't stand it, they couldn't understand.

They weren't the only ones, though. Weasleys and Prewetts might have not been erased from the list of pure-blood families, they were still looked down on because of their kindness towards all and for their financial status.

Remus didn't know how to reply so he pursed his lips, annoyed at the insults his best friend's family was receiving. The Potters were good people and they did not deserve that.

Juliet noticed the look in his eyes and pulled her hand away from his, leaning to stroke his cheek, her thumb brushing against the scar across his face. "It's fine." She whispered.

"No, it's not." He mumbled, leaning in her touch unconsciously.

She gave him a soft smile. "I don't care, so it's fine."

"But it made you upset."

"No, Remmy, what upset me was the fact that he thinks those people are better friends to him than we are. It scares me."

"Why? That's just what he was raised to believe. Sirius too, simply he was never one to follow rules." He shrugged, shifting a bit, causing Juliet to slide closer.

"I know. But he can be better. I have seen so many good things in him. I'm scared of what the future holds for him if these people are his connections."

Remus nodded, deep in thoughts. Then realisation hit him and he looked up with wide eyes. "You think he'll become a Death Eater?"

The Potter girl shrugged. "It's no secret that the House of Black are pure-blood supremacists that support the Dark Lord. It's just a matter of time."

He frowned at that, she knew it was coming and it was upsetting her because she didn't know how to stop it. His eyes widened and he felt himself stop breathing when he noticed her leaning in with her eyes closed.

Juliet rested her head on his shoulder, letting her hands drop around his waist. He gulped, taking a moment to calm himself before wrapping his arms around her and patting her back in a comforting manner, his heart pounding and his mind racing.

"What am I going to do?" She mumbled in his neck, tickling him.

He was having a very hard time keeping his composure but he had fallen hard for the girl, and couldn't help but want more. It took everything in him not to just kiss her right then.

"That's up to you."

She snuggled against him, unaware of how uneven his breathing was getting.

* * *

I'm giving you more Jemus/Ruliet moments because it's been a long time since their last intimate interaction hehe

I'm anxious about my exam tomorrow so I'm procrastinating

No idea why I named this chapter that way