15. JULIET AND HOPE LUPIN

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

Summer 1975

"Boys! Hope! The twins are here!" Lyall Lupin announced as they stepped out of the fireplace.

Juliet was looking around when quick footsteps were making their way to them. The Lupins' house was very lovely, cozy and seemed welcoming. It was smaller than the Potters' but she didn't mind at all, she liked it better.

Big houses created a sentiment of loneliness in her, which was why despite the fact that her brother's friends tend to annoy her, she still enjoyed having them over.

"Oh, hello my dears!" Hope greeted then with a wide smile, pulling Juliet in for a hug.

While in the woman's embrace she could see James snicker and immediately knew what it was about, and hence glared at him.

"Hello, Mrs. Lupin." They said simultaneously.

"Hate to disappoint, but I'm the only deer here." James said after the mother also embraced him.

The brunette woman looked between the two with a confused frown making Juliet chuckle awkwardly. "It's an inside joke."

"Oh, I see." She nodded, a smile making its way back to her face. "Peter and Remus are in my son's room, feel free to join them."

"Sirius isn't here yet?" James asked.

The couple exchanged a glance. "It seems the Black family has a busy schedule so, um..." Lyall explained after clearing his throat.

Juliet watched the long face her brother pulled and nudged him playfully. "Come on, you won't die because you didn't see him for a week or two. Write to him frequently and it'll be like he's right here with us."

Immediately cheered up, James rushed upstairs after mumbling that this would be exactly what he will do.

Lyall Lupin followed, probably going to his own room, and Juliet was left with Hope.

"Do you like Fruit Fool?" The woman asked joyfully.

~

It was no wonder Remus Lupin was such a kind soul. He seemed to have inherited it from his mother. The brunette girl just experienced the woman feeding adorable little stray kittens while she was enjoying her dessert -that she was apparently eating as an appetizer. Funny.

"We wanted to take them in. But they got scared of Remus, must be the werewolf in him-" She gasped, looking at Juliet in shock.

The girl stayed confused for a second before she realised. "Oh, no, don't worry, I know about it." She reassured.

"Wait, you do?" Hope seemed surprised by the news.

"I found out accidentally, but yeah." Juliet nodded with a small smile.