56. JULIET AND THE ANTIDOTE

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

January 1976

When our little friends woke up that morning, they couldn't find Juliet. She wasn't in her dorm room, or in the bathroom, or in the common room. They thought she would be in the Great Hall eating breakfast, but she wasn't there either.

And she wasn't in class, considering it was a Sunday.

With no idea where to find her, they decided that perhaps, the girl's best friends would know.

But, she didn't either.

"Maybe she's with Remus?" She suggested, as Sirius, James and Marlene were surrounding the bench she was sat on in the Middle Courtyard.

"No, nope, Remus has been in bed since yesterday and Peter is staying with him to cheer him up." James shook his head.

"Cheer him up? Is something wrong?" The blonde girl tilted her head curiously, closing her book and giving them her full attention.

"You haven't talked to Juliet recently?" Marlene asked, confused.

"I mean, not really, I bumped into her when she was with Crouch but she seemed fine?"

"Why is her being around Crouch so normal to you?" Sirius grimaced, his entire expression showing how confused he was.

"He's friends with Regulus, is he not? I assumed they were talking about him." Pandora said, as the three Gryffindors exchanged glances. "Okay, someone fill me in."

"Yesterday, Juliet confessed that she was in love with Crouch." James sighed.

"Actually, she said it the night before that." Marlene corrected.

"Well, did something happen? Juliet wouldn't just have a sudden change of heart like that, especially not when the guy in question is someone she talked to only twice in her life."

"Nothing happened, they came back from patrolling, everything was normal, and then she ate those chocolates Remus left her and-"

"Wait, hold on." Pandora stopped her. "How did Remus leave her the chocolates?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well I don't know about your dorms, but boys can't access the girls' dorms for us."

Realisation struck the three. "Maybe he asked a random girl to leave it there?" James suggested.

"No, no, he didn't. Juliet told us something about him not having said anything about the box." Marlene denied, eyes wide as the pieces were forming a puzzle.

"But that... Doesn't mean anything, right?" Sirius laughed nervously.

They were interrupted by Amos running towards them, frowning and panting. "Why did I just see some Slytherin lad with Juliet, hand in hand?"