33. JULIET AND GIGGLING PEARS

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

November 1975

Barely two weeks had passed and everything went south by the beginning of November.

Quidditch was completely cancelled that year, Slughorn refrained himself from organising yet another party with his club, and no one was allowed out of the castle. They were practically quarantined.

The parents were writing their children more often, some considering getting them out of there, but everyone trusted Dumbledore.

A more strict curfew had been put in place. The twenty-four prefects of Hogwarts had a meeting with their Professors who gave them instructions to follow until the situation was completely dealt with.

Each prefect was to deal with a grade of their house, only the seventh-years were left to be handled by the Heads.

Juliet was given the first-years, Lily the second-years and Remus the third-years.

Until Lily was petrified.

James would spend most of his time in the Hospital Wing by her side, the rest of their friends visiting her every day or every two days. They didn't know how it could have happened, Lily wasn't one to break the rules, and the rules were very clear. People had to stay in groups.

Juliet and Remus were then appointed to also take care of the second-years. So that was two extremely tired and worried prefects to deal with a total of a hundred and five young and annoying students.

"At this point I better get paid for the babysitting." She complained to Remus after they counted the last student entering their common room.

He gave her a tired small smile. "Come on, let's go see Lily. I didn't see James at dinner, I think he skipped."

"Yeah, I know." She sighed.

"You know what, I have an idea." Before closing the door to their common room, he turned to the students that were starting to go up their stairs. "No one gets out alone and without permission, understood?"

After a satisfying amount of yes and nodding, he closed the door, took Juliet's hand and started to run down the corridors. They passed the Great Hall and took the staircase leading downstairs.

Juliet only knew Hufflepuff's Basement to be there so she wondered where they were heading. Walking down the broad stone basement corridor full of paintings of food, Remus suddenly stopped in front a painting of a bowl of fruits.

"Why did we stop?" She asked him.

The scarred boy looked around carefully, before approaching the painting and turning to the girl.

"Tickle the pear."

"Excuse me?" She widened her eyes, bewildered.

He chuckled. "Trust me. Tickle the pear."

With a frown on her face and hesitating, she slowly let her free hand go to the pear on the painting and she moved her fingers as if tickling it. To her surprise, the pear started to giggle and turn into a large green door handle. Remus gave her a smile, pushing the door handle to reveal what was hiding behind.

Entering, she was met with an enormous room, the size of the Great Hall actually. She suspected them to be right under it. The ceiling was extremely high, four large tables decorated the room, numerous pots and pans heaped around the stone walls, and a brick fireplace at the end.

Juliet then noticed the multiple house-elves running around, cleaning plates, getting rid of leftovers.

"Blimey!" She exclaimed in a whisper.

"Master Lupin! You brought a friend!" A house-elf screamed, and soon a few of them were surrounding the two.

"Hey." Juliet waved shyly.

Remus squeezed her hand before glancing back at the house-elves, asking for food for James who missed the dinner.

After quick introductions, the little creatures slowly dispersed around the room, and while one was preparing food for them, the girl turned to the werewolf.

"How did you know about this place?" She questioned with a spark in her eyes.

He seemed flustered by the question, trying to avoid the subject. "James spends a lot of time here, he gets along with them well, they all like him."

She stared at him suspiciously but decided to let go. "Yeah, not surprising." Juliet shrugged before she felt someone tap on her arm.

Looking down, she saw a house-elf holding a bowl of chocolate pudding for her to take.

"Is this for James?" James wasn't a big fan of chocolate pudding. He preferred treacle tarts and caramel based stuff.

"No, Mistress, this is for you." He said in a small voice.

"Thank you so much!" She cooed, giving the house-elf a bright smile, letting go of Remus' hand to take the pudding.

The creature happily went back to work after that and Juliet turned to Remus. "You saw that? He gave me pudding!"

"What I'm seeing is that they have favorites." He groaned, actually unhappy because his hand suddenly felt lonely.

"Oh, come on, you big baby." She took a spoon full of pudding and fed him. "Here, no need to be jealous, we can share."

"You share food? Since when?" He raised an eyebrow, amused.

"Do not get used to it."

They were given a bag containing sandwiches and a slice of pie by the house-elves, thanking them warmly, the two prefects soon left the kitchen and headed for the Hospital Wing, sharing the chocolate pudding on their way.

When arriving to the doors, Juliet noticed something from the corner of her eyes. Glancing towards the direction, she saw Snape's crooked nose creeping out of behind a wall. Sighing and rolling her eyes, she gave the bowl to Remus, telling him she'll be there in a second.

So when he entered the room, she made her way to where the Slytherin was hiding and appeared in front of him, scaring him in the process.

"Bloody hell, Potter! What do you want?"

"I should be asking you that. You do know you're not allowed to wander alone? And especially not after dinner?" He stayed silent. "Why are you here?"

"Why do you think?" He sassed.

The brunette rolled her eyes. "I meant, hiding like a pussy in a corridor. You'll end up like Mrs. Norris at this point."

"Shut up, will you? I can't go in because your stupid brother does not leave the room for a single second."

"And so what? You're just making excuses for yourself." She frowned, turning to leave.

James didn't threaten him to stay away, and he was so worried about Lily, he probably wouldn't care if anyone else was around.

"Juliet!" He called, and she looked back at him surprised. That was the first time he called her by her name. "How is she?"

The girl just stared for a few seconds before deciding to talk. "Until the Mandrake Restorative Draught is ready... it's difficult to tell." He nodded slowly. "She'll be fine, Snape, go back to your room, alright?"

She didn't wait for his answer and made her way inside, standing by her friend's bedside.

* * *

this chapter was shitty but this is my favorite title so far so idc lol