63. JULIET AND THE CRYSTAL BALL

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉
* * *

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉* * *

October 1976

The seventh year at Hogwarts was rather stressful. They would have their NEWTs by the end of the year and they were already overwhelmed with an incredible amount of homework. Though the students had already gotten used to that in their sixth year.

James seemed to be busier than everyone else. He was doing his best to keep up with both his Head Boy duties and his role as the Captain of their Quidditch team.

Juliet had noticed how Lily's usually stern look when her brother was near had softened, and they seemed to be good friends now. Perhaps they made a truce, to be civil and on good terms.

Or maybe in the many letters they exchanged after they had discovered their positions as Head Boy and Girl, they had formed a bond.

Juliet didn't know, she was busy too, and she didn't really care that much.

She was trying to spend as much time as possible with her friends, because who knew what was to happen after they were out of Hogwarts? A war was happening outside those walls.

Her parents seemed to have been staying away from the battles for some time now, and it was a wonder as to why, but knowing they were safe, Juliet was content. Maybe it was selfish, but she didn't want to lose her parents.

Anyway, one day, after her Alchemy class, Juliet quickly made her way to the Divination classroom, to meet up with Amos. She had dropped the course after her fifth year to take Alchemy instead, but her best friend continued the course.

She saw Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs exit the class, and lastly her eyes met with Daphne's who walked over to greet her.

"Hi! What are you doing here?"

"I'm waiting for Amos, we're supposed to study together."

"Oh, he's going to take some time, Trelawney said he had to finish the task before he was allowed to leave." The blonde pointed towards the classroom where they could see Amos sat in front of a crystal ball.

"Bollocks." Juliet sighed, nodding at Daphne before making her way inside the classroom.

Professor Trelawney seemed not to care the slightest about the girl's presence as she settled down in front of her best friend.

"What do you have to do?"

"I don't know, she said that she has seen that I'm supposed to see something, and that's why we're doing a revision of crystal-gazing," he whispered, glancing at the professor, "but all I'm seeing is white fog."

Juliet's expression seemed plainly exasperated as she went to rest her forehead on the table.

"We're going to be here forever." She mumbled.

A few minutes passed and Juliet's patience was running out. She sat straight, leaning on the table a bit so she could whisper to the Hufflepuff without the professor making out what she wanted to say.

"Can't you fake something so we can get out?"

"I tried that already, she said she knows that's not what I saw." The boy groaned, leaning back in his chair.

"She can't just keep you here, if you haven't seen anything until now, it's not gonna suddenly appear!" Juliet whined.

"Why don't you try and look into it, maybe you'll be luckier than me." He suggested pushing the crystal ball closer to her.

The Gryffindor grimaced at him, taking a deep breath before she went to stare at the object.

A few minutes were passing by without nothing appearing in her sight, and Juliet was impatiently tapping her foot on the floor.

"You need to relax." Amos said.

"I know!" She snapped, giving up and leaning back into the chair. "Can't we just make a run for it? She can't run as fast as us, can she?"

Amos shrugged. "I don't want to get a detention."

"It's Trelawney we're talking about, she won't even scold us."

Seeing his unconvinced expression, Juliet groaned, taking yet another deep breath, attempting to relax.

After a few seconds of meditation, once she felt less annoyed and more at peace, she looked in the crystal ball again.

The room was dead silent for a few seconds and then a loud gasp was heard. Amos' head snapped towards his best friend, whose wide eyes were staring back at him.

"Did you see something?" He asked.

"No, did you?" She questioned back, confused.

That's how he realized that Juliet wasn't the one who gasped.

The two looked back at the Professor, who was facing them from her desk, though she seemed to be in a weird trance.

"Professor?" Amos called worriedly.

"What is she doing?" Juliet whispered, slowly standing up. "Professor?"

"A chance to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... A tragedy can be evitable... Only two of the same blood have the power and one is yet to be born..." Professor Trelawney spoke.

Something about the atmosphere was making the two teenagers uneasy and they failed to understand what she meant.

"Born to those who have defied him thrice, if the child is to fail... the other descendent will be born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives..."

It was silent and time seemed to have stopped. But then everything passed in a flash. Trelawney snapped out of the trance, going to grab the girl by the wrist and forcefully dragging her out of the Divination classroom.

"Professor!" Juliet screamed, desperately trying to break free.

"Professor, let her go!" Amos yelled, rushing to keep up with the two, sharing panicked glances with the girl.

"What did I do?" Juliet whimpered as she was being dragged harshly past the hallways, her wrist numb.

* * *

and I oop