Chapter 31 [For she's not a jolly Good Fellow..]

Proverbs 18:24

A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

A/N: Just wanted to let you guys know this is a long chapter, however, it is soo vital to the plot so please stay reading till' the end also, the song mentioned in the chapter is the song on top Thank you :)

Aaliyah

"Happy Birthday!" April says while handing me a small pink glittered cupcake with 22 written in frosting and a short candle on it.

"Thank you!" I say while blowing out the candle before she interrupted me again

"Tell me everything." April says me while pouring herself a coffee in the lunch room. I pointed at the other 4 staff members in the lunch room, April texted me last night wondering what happened with me and Maleek.

Over the little while i knew April, I know that she is 23, has worked here for over 3 years and is obviously Maleek's favourite employee. "There's nothing to talk about april. Like i said before i just go to church with him." She bounced her eyebrows at me twice and a creepy smile came on her face.

"Please, you were stuck together in a little cabin and nothing happened? Okay..." She sat down and sipped on her coffee.

"I promise april, Actually his brother and best friend came over and they all slept in the living room and let me take the bedroom, then when the storm was over we drove straight back" She squinted her eyes and gave me a sarcastic nod. The final staff member walked out of the room to get back to his shift and the sound of clanging and banging of the weights entered the staff room for a second. April then leaned forward and put her hands on the table, her face beaming with eagerness.

"Speaking of... when was the last time you got some anyways?" My face heated up with redness

"April!"

"What?! If it was just yesterday i wont judge, come on, whats your body count Aaliyah." I picked up my phone and scrolled through a bunch of random apps to escape from this awkward conversation.

"Would it help if i told you mine first?" She said while raising her eyebrows and tapping my arm. April isn't a believer and so her conversations have no boundaries, just like i use to be.

"I... I never really, you know?.." I looked up from my phone screen and saw her face in complete shock. Should i be offended or not.. I mean with Austin sex was never even an option, at the time i met him i was really strong in my faith and had already promised God i would keep myself until marriage, something i was grateful that i promised.

"You really are a saint huh? Maybe in a few days things will change.." She winked as she sipped her coffee at me and i roll my eyes back.

*

"So are you excited for your birthday party tonight?" Im now in Maleeks office going through some of his day to day tasks and sorting out his timetable.

"Yeah, i have been planning this for months. With all the ruckus that has been happening in my life in the past few months, this is the exact stress reliever i need, i cant wait to see all my friends again.. Its been too long." And it really has been. I haven't gotten the chance to see my friends in way too long, FaceTime just isn't enough anymore...

I made sure to book a big hall with seating for at least 100 hundred people, I got my Christian girl playlist ready, and although my girls aren't really close to God im hoping i can use this to introduce them to him, I spent way too much money on the food and catering for this, i got a whole team of chef's to fill us up!