Chapter 14 [The 3 commandments]

Aaliyah

We are talking a walk around the back of the gym. Its quite a big area. Its like a garden and it just has some plain tree's and one bench. The floors have a stone path and we are walking straight down.

"One of the main reasons former assistants got fired before was because they didnt know their boundaries. They would go snooping around and being nosey, just disrespectful stuff which brings me to rule number 1..." He says. His voice is low and he doesnt ever look at me, just straight ahead.

"... know your boundaries."

This only led me to wonder what he was hiding. Why was he so adamant on this? Maybe its nothing. I hope.

"Rule number 2, i don't do slackers nor do i do laziness. Its something i live by...Proverbs 6:10..." He said the bible verse in a quiet voice, almost a whisper so i cant hear it.

"What was that?" I asked him. He looked down at me for a second and then back through the path. we continued to walk through the garden as he told me his final rule.

"Most importantly, This garden we are in right now, dont ever come into it unless i give you permission, which i rarely ever will if i do, assume i am gone mad and call for a mental hospital." I roll my eyes. What the heck is this man doing in this building. I hate being around a secretive person, i hope im not getting involved in a drug case, Lord help me...

Nevertheless i nod and continue to take all the information in. He stopped in his tracks and asked me

"Any questions?" His eye contact was strong now and I knew not to fold. No matter what it took.

"Just the one..." Dont say it..

"Dont take this the wrong way..." Shut up Aaliyah!..

" This isnt some type of secret drug thing is it?" Why did i say that!

Now he is looking at me with a taken back look on his face, he scoffs and says

"A black man owns a successful brand and it just has to be a drug thing, God forbid it was my hard work that Got me to this point.." My eyes jump open

"Oh my gosh no! I didnt mean it like tha-"

"Relax, it was a joke.. you do know what a joke is right?" My heart starts to beat normally again, i am ashamed to say thats my type of humour..

"Ha ha." I give out a fake laugh while giving him a slight push on the shoulder. He didnt even move but he did give me a look to know he was uncomfortable with the fact i just did that. Crap.

I let out an awkward cough. Then i remember something i learned in church from a few years back... Let no crude joking come from your mouth... what verse was it! what book? what chapter!...... Yes!

"Ephesians 5:4.." I say to myself but just to my luck, he hears me..

"hmm?"

"Oh nothing i just, its just.. nevermind"

This is so embarrassing, the last time i talked to anyone about bible verses was with austin and lets just say that didnt end well...

"No you were saying something." He says now staring at me with curiosity, almost like he was trying to confirm what i just said.

"I just remembered an old verse Ephesians 5:4, let no-"

"-coarse joking be amongst you?" He continued. He looked kind of shocked and impressed. God, i hope he doesnt think im some super christian girl. What if he starts to quiz me? he wouldn't even think i haven't been to church or in my bible in years and what if he does know that? then he will start judging me like the rest do! Oh God.