Chapter 23 [ Pastor says...]

1 Corinthians 10:13

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he wont let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with temptation he will provide a way of escape, so you can endure it.

Maleek

"What's on your mind, boy?" I am seated in the cozy dining room of Pastor troy's home. This man has helped me through a lot of stuff and has brought me closer to my Saviour. I know whenever i call he will answer, just when i need an ear to listen and some personal advice.

He hands me a glass of water and sits on the other side of the small round table. This home is so beautiful. Its got a tall bright orange lamp and A big wide glass door that lets me see the view of his garden

i can tell he loves gardening by the health of his grass and flowers, i think he even planted a few fruits and vegetables out there, impressive.

"Sherlyn loved that Garden." He says as he notices me staring out the window. My attention is quickly brought back to him at the mention of Sherlyn.

She was his wife, a few years back before Pastor troy started up the Temple of Grace ministry, his wife had been diagnosed with lung cancer.

"I still remember when she was told she only had a few months left.. boy, you wouldve thought she had hearing problems the way she was living after they let her know.." He let out a scoff and a low laugh while he shook his head. I took another sip of water letting him vent for a little while.

"She was out in that garden every day. Some people want to spend their last days in a bar, others in the church, some even try sky diving or scuba diving just to say they did it once before they go... Sherlyn? Ha, that woman did nothing but go out and plant every seed she could find."

A wholesome smile came on his face, though i know it was only used to cover up his pain. His wife had died a few years back, and he never stopped serving the lord. Thats what i aspire to be like...

He took a deep breath in then looked away from the Garden and back at me.

"What's bothering you, son?" He asked me, with his hands now crossed in front of him.

"Pastor, i dont even know where to start."

"Take your time, maleek." I let out a cough to start myself off but i couldnt even find the words to say. My life has so many different situations going on i cant even manage to focus on one, and now with aaliyah..

"Is it your dad again?" He asks me with an enquiring look. My eyes shoot up at the mention of my dads name. If i can even call him that. Okay i guess we can start there...

"Pastor you know i dont care about what that man does anymore? I mean God forgive me but, the things he did and is doing.. its just selfish, horrible."

"When you say God forgive me.. what do you mean?" He asks me.

"I know the bible says we shouldn't badmouth our parents, but i mean the man could be anywhere having only God knows how many more children that he isnt willing to take care of, and with all that is happening with ace. Its just too much." I rub my hands on my legs to calm myself down as i feel my anger start to flow.

"Its not healthy to keep this much resentment in your heart, boy. I know you. Your a good man, too good to allow any body to begin to rot your heart with hate. You need to let it go Maleek, his actions are not your responsibility."

This one hit home for me. I have always blamed myself for my dad's actions. He has always had 2 reputations, One: being the first man on the block to set up a cheap at home gym (which he then passed down to me)