Chapter 25 [Tell the truth]

Maleek

"Maleek!" Ace runs right into me and i let out a grunt.

"whats going on lil' man." I pick up ace and flip him upside down in my arms as i tickle his stomach, and he almost chocks on his laughter.

"Hello Maleek" I see my mother walking through the kitchen. I put down ace and lightly push the back of his head, he is now trying to tackle me and push my leg down, but i dont budge.

"Mom." I say looking back at my mother in front of me. Her arms are crossed on her chest while leaning on the door frame, as she gives me a blank look.

"We need to talk" I let out a tired sigh and went down to ace's level.

"Here, i got this for you." I hand him a bag of sweets and he gives me a fist bump.

"Okay, go to your room and we can play later on alright big head?" I say while pushing him a bit.

"Alright bigger head!" He said while jumping up and lightly shoving my head before running upstairs.

I am now faced with my mother. A woman i have now come not to recognise as much. She has completely changed. She used to be so strong in her faith and now she doesn't even care about it anymore. She walked me over to the living room and sat down on the couch furthest from me leaving an uncomfortable amount of space...

"Whats going on with you maleek?" She said in a wondering tone.

"Mom, you know whats up." I said sitting back into the couch.

"No. i want to hear you say it." She said leaning forward, testing me.

"Never mind"

"Just say it dammit!" She slammed her hands down on the table in front of her.

"Fine." I put my hands on my knees and leaned forward.

"You have been slacking.." She scoffed and shook her head.

"..You wanted to know, thats what it is! You have been slacking. You use to be one of the strongest women i knew, you are one of the people who truly helped me with my faith mom, and now you barely even talk to God, when was the last time you even opened a bible?"

"Thats none of your damn business" She exclaimed while her face bent into a frown.

"See, the answer is embarrassing and you know it."

"Now wait a minute! I have been breaking my back bending every which way to take care of your brother, ever since his mother left ive had to carry the heavy burden on MY shoulders so excuse me if i decide to skip church and have a lie in every once in a while."

She gets up and goes to the kitchen, i can tell she is holding in tears. I feel horrible, but one thing with me is i never know how to show love with my words. If only she knew i was doing this out of love, salvation is so important and she cant manage to lose it because of all this worldly stuff.
I get up and follow her to the kitchen.

"Mom, listen i didnt mean-"

"Stop it maleek, Just stop it." She is now while leaning against the cupboard rubbing her temples with her fingers.

"Its just with your father being.." She closes her eyes and shakes her head. I hate seeing her like this. I walk up to her and rub her back.

"Its gonna be alright, mom. God got us." She smacks my hand away from her

"I dont need to hear that right now. I need real life solutions maleek! Ace is 5 now, 5 and his life has become my responsibility. This is serious. I dont need to hear any sweet sounding Phrases or temporary comfort verses, i need a plan."