Chapter 15 [ Let me in!]

Aaliyah

"Go home" he says with a stern voice.

"What?!"

"I told you i dont do any slacking, Now take your things and leave." He said while turning around and walking upstairs.

Fired? fired? If dad finds out he is going to kill me. I quickly run after him and catch up with him in his office.

"Listen, Mr davis im so sorry! Please give me another chance." I begged him, my eyes are full of sorrow and i saw him reconsider.

"What did you go to do?" Yeah right! He must be sick he thinks im going to tell him about austin.

"I just had to... um... i just had to ask april something." He squinted his eyes a bit and crossed his arms.

"Okay im seriously sorry, that was super unproffesional of me, just 1 more chance, i wont let you down." I put my hand in prayer position and waited for his reply.

"Fine." My head dropped back with relief

"Thank you so much!"

"yeah yeah get your ass back to work and lets get the rest of these forms sorted." I nodded and quickly skirted back to work.

about 30 minutes went by and i finally finished the forms, and the night started to fall. Destiny called me on my lunch and wondered where i went, When i told her i was at work i had to endure a 10 minute lecture on irresponsibility. She almost came down here till i told her i was going to be finished work in an hour.

I am alone with maleek again, every once in a while i would look up from my forms and i would see him just looking at me over his computer screen before i shot my eyes back down. What a weirdo. one minute he is mad, the next minute he's staring at me?

The gym is closing down for the night, i am ready to get the heck on home.

"Aaliyah im assuming you are done with the forms?" He asks looking at me through me through his glasses.

"Yes, im just done now." I say while filling out the last one.

"Good go do a double check of the gym downstairs and make sure everyones gone before closing and make it fast. I dont like to be left waiting." He said forcefully.

This guy is just so rude and stuck up im starting to undrstand what april said about him more and more.

"Hello? is there something written on my forehead?" He said while cocking his neck at me. Ugh.. I get up and go downstairs to make sure people are gone. The gym members are each getting there bags and their equipment and going home. After 5 minutes the gym was finally empty.

"Great job today, i will see you tomorrow aaliyah." April says as she puts on her jacket and walks outside. I wave my hand at her and tell her i will see her then.

I walk into the empty gym area where the machinery is and start sitting down on one of the hip abduction machine. I havent been in here in so long. I think the last time i even tried a gym was 4 years ago for new years eve, and well i think we all know how that ended.

I try use my strength to push the machine in and out with my thighs and it doesn't move. Okay it may have been a while but surely i havent become this weak? I try again and grunt using all my strength. Nothing.

"Its on 50kg." I yelp as i hear Maleeks voice from behind me. I scramble off the machine and stand a few inches away from him just so he cant hear my heart still beating in shock, why does he just appear from nowhere?

"Sorry, i was working a minute ago I promise, i just thought since everyone was gone I would-"

"you would struggle to use the machinery?" I stutter trying to find words, he puts his hand up and i blink twice to make sure im not mad when i see a small smile appears on his face.

"I know.. Ephesians 5:4 right?" He says while bending down to change the machine from 50kg to 10kg. I scoff as my mouth opens. I dont know how to talk about a faith i havent been in in over 7 years, I should have never said anything in the first place.

"I wasn't struggling" i say confidently.

"No?" He says while looking up at me from the machine while raising his eyebrow, his condescending grin still smashed on his face, how weak does he think i am?

"Try it, it should be easier now." He says pointing to the machine. I squint my eyes at him while my lips are in a pursed grin.

"Its closing time and i dont think this would be professional." He must be crazy if he thinks im going to embarrass myself and try this machine again.

"So what your saying is that i was right? Cool. Lets lock up." He says while taking the keys out of his pocket and swinging them around his cocky finger.

"Thats not what i was saying!"

But it is 100% true.

"Then please do show me your strength, Mrs Johnson. Your father is an undefeated boxing champion I would hope his daughter can move a bit over 20 pounds?..."

I cant stand his cheeky ass. I sat down on the chair and put my thighs in between the machine. I look up at him behind me, leaning on the machine with a smuck look on his face, waiting for me to fail, I bend down and change the weight from 10kg to 60kg.

"Just one rep." He says in his belittling voice .

"Shut it" i fire back. I get my head space clear and ready and finally push as hard as i can, my face is scrunched up and i start grunting as i hear him laughing behind me unfortunately he has a contagious laugh, a laugh that causes me to start laughing too.

"Come on Aaliyah! Youve got this."

He starts hyping me up jokingly while still laughing at my embarrassing attempt.

"You can do it" he says while shaking my shoulders, causing me to laugh even more. the machine doesn't move an inch. Damn.

"Not when you keep distracting me." I say looking back at him, smacking his hands off my burning shoulders.

"Oh so this is my fault?" He says while giving me a genuine smile. The first one since ive met him. This is nice, I haven't laughed like this in months.

"Yes its your fault! I bet you would struggle just the same"

thats a lie.

His thighs alone could break this machine. Our laughs fade away after a few seconds but we are still looking at each other, smiling, i need this moment.

Its the first time someone looked at me like this in so long. Usually i get looks of pity, or intimidation or disappointment , never joy. Then a change.

I see a change in his face. He stops smiling and turns away from me. The mood is ruined, oh Gosh i ruined the mood. Its awkward. There is tension and i feel like i wanna run out of the room. He clears his throat then turns his body to me but his face is looking anywhere but at me

"Lets lock up." He says sternly.

What just happened?

*
Hey guys! Sorry its been a while, i was quite busy but im back. Please vote and comment 💗 and please check out my Instagram for some sermons and Christian lives @fimibabalola
God bless :)