Chapter 5 [How i met your mother]

Matthew 10:22

"And you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved."

3 years earlier

Austin

Ding Dong... my heart starts to beat faster and i pace up and down the hallway to gain some type of composure. Ding Dong.

"Ma! are you ready?" I shout to my mom upstairs. She can never be ready on time.

"One second, son. Go get the door and let her in i will be in there in a second" I roll my eyes and fix my shirt before i go to the door to get her. Click.

"Hey babe!" there she is with open arms and a bottle of wine in her hand, within a second her body clung onto mine and she wrapped her arms around me. Her embrace felt amazing and the split second i saw her took all the nerves away from me.

I pulled her away from me to take a look at her. She was wearing a White turtle neck and a Gold Necklace, she had on a mid black skirt that was tight in the hips, she paired it with a pair of long matte black boots. Her hair was almost as tall as the sky. I forget what she called this hairstyle... A Poof?

It was in a kinky tight ponytail i want to scrunch it until i remember the words she told me NEVER TOUCH A BLACK WOMANS HAIR, WE ARE NOT A PETTING ZOO. THINK OF OUR HAIR AS A PRECIOUS JEWEL YOU CAN LOOK AND ADMIRE IT BUT DONT EVER TOUCH IT. and she had her edges laid too. That phrase i remember.

God she is gorgeous. I would want nothing more than to take her and-

"Austin?" She is looking at me with a confused expression on her face.

Crap. What was she talking about?

"Hmm?" I say, she rolls her eyes and repeats her question.

"Well do you like my outfit?"

"Baby, it looks incredible, you look incredible. Come here." I pulled her in close and gave her a kiss, I wanted to make it last as long as possible but she's really weird about the whole kissing and sex thing. Every time i try to be intimate with her she always pushes me away. I know exactly why too. I look up the to the sky for a second. This is all your fault big man. I say in my head.

"So where is she?" we have been planning this dinner for a few months now. I just wasn't always ready to bring a female over to my mother yet. She is hands down the most important woman in my life and i needed to make sure Aaliyah was perfect before i introduced them.

"She's upstairs getting ready, you know how she always wants to get dresses to impress." She lets out a little laugh

"Oh leave her alone Austin, she must be just as nervous as i am."

"Don't be nervous babe, i know she's going to love you, why don't you go wait in the dining room while i go and get her majesty." She nods, takes a deep breath and then walks to the dining area.

*

"So this is the girl who has been stealing my little A away from me huh?" She says in her thick southern accent. After almost 20 minutes ma finally decides to join us downstairs. She is wearing a fancy Red sparkly dress with her red bottom Louis Vuitton high heels. Her hair is blonde and curly and sways with her every extra step. God, this woman's dramatics will be the end of me.
I look to Aaliyah to see what she thinks, if she is ready to run away yet. She is stood up from her seat and walks all the way over to my mother with a bright smile on her face, Thats my girl.