Chapter 19 [Heres the deal...]

Aaliyah

"Good morning, Mr Davis." I say while walking into his office with a coffee in my hand and a stack of finance forms from the reception downstairs.

This is the only thing that is keeping me up. Its been 2 weeks since ive started here and oddly enough i feel like i have done more work here than i do in a month back at the headquarters. I am really starting to appreciate how much work my assistant did for me.

I have been working myself to the bone and just as expected it kind of took my mind off of Austin... okay so I checked his Instagram a few more times, just to see if he blocked me by mistake, so what? And yes. He still got my ass blocked.

"Have you got anything for me to do this morning?" He was sitting down behind his big desk with one hand on it tapping his fingers on it. He had his glasses on and his gym shirt and wore a cross chain with it. His waves were facing me as he looked down to his computer, i would be lying if i said he didn't look handsome.

But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

that verse immediately popped up into my head and i put all thoughts of  lust for the beautiful man in front of me away. Lord knows that can be dangerous. Over the past few weeks i have been reading the bible on my phone more and more and started learning things i never even knew before. Its been hard but the more i talked to Pastor troy the better i felt about my Journey in christ. I have been to church two more times now and I only had a minor anxiety attack once! Thats a big thing..

"take a seat Miss Johnson" He spoke in that plain tone again, a tone that i didnt know how to translate. But i immediately assumed the worse was about to happen. I am stuck on what the worse could be though because i have been doing so good the past few weeks.

I sat down on the chair across from him and put my coffee on the table beside me I crossed my legs and put my notepad on top of them and anxiously waited for what he was going to say, i never knew with Mr Davis. He closed his laptop and looked at me and His expression finally changed, he had a relaxed look on his face that turned into a slight grin.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna kill you, you can relax." I took a breath of relief out as i watched him sit back in his seat.

"I honestly just wanted to tell you how great of a job you were doing. Youve really been working  hard and i have took notice of that and i can appreciate how much work you have put in for the past few weeks." Wow... who is this guy and where is Mr Davis?

"Um.. Thank you, sir" He was still smiling but i could see he was confused.

"Um? Whats the problem?" He said while leaning closer to me from behind the desk.

"To be honest i didnt even know you were capable of giving out compliments.."

"What?" He asked me with a taken back look on his face.

"Never mind, this isnt even a professional conversation to be having at work." I said picking up the forms beside me.

"No please do... enlighten me." He says sarcastically while folding his arms across the table

"You cant fire me.." I say to him while pointing a finger at him. He closes his eyes and nods his head once at me.

Mr davis has been such a pain in my as- in my head these past few weeks i cant even comprehend it.

A few days ago he made me run half way across town just to get him a coffee that he said he didnt even want, then last week he forced me to skip 2 lunch breaks to take over a meeting for him while he went into the garden out back to do only God knows what, then when he came back he called me a slacker and complainer for feeling some type of way about it.