Chapter 12 [ 3 strikes, your out!]

Jeremiah 29:11
"For i have a plan for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope"

Aaliyah

Click.

The door opens wide open and Austin comes out and looks down at the stuff i put on the mat. I try my hardest to catch my breath as i put my seat belt on and pull my seat back. I have never ran to my car this quick. I hope he didnt notice me. My  car is parked  behind a wall so i can only see him slightly. His face is red. I can tell he has been crying. His eyes are watery and a scarlet red and his lips are swollen and he is wearing a black jean jacket and black jeans with a white shirt. I am sure he is just about to go.

He picks up the letter from the ground and reads it. He shakes his head and folds the note in two i see a tear fall from his eyes as he picks up the necklace he puts it in his pocket and looks around one time. Crap! He sees me. Austin sees me! He see's me in my car outside of his house. He is walking towards the car. He is closing the door and walking towards the car.

Im trying to start the car. Oh my gosh! ITS NOT STARTING! ITS NOT STARTING! he is walking up to my car with me in it and it is not starting. I violently push and twist the key into the key whole praying it turns on. i can hear him say my name. His face is sympathetic as He gets closer to the car! My heart is about to bang out of my chest and then...

the car starts! It starts. and i quickly step on the gas and drive away. I can see him in my rare view mirror. He is in the middle of the road holding up the letter... I wanted nothing more than to get out of the car and jump into his arms, to hug him so tight and beg him to never let go.

I wanted so badly to kiss him, knowing it would be the last time. I just wanted to do start it all over again. One more time, but i cant, i keep staring in the rare view mirror as i watch him fade into the background. He is my past now, I cant believe the man that i planned my future with is now my past. He is still there watching the car drive away..

"Goodbye Austin" I say as his figure fades into the evening sky...My heart shattered into pieces as i watched the butterflies that were once floating around my stomach, fly away.. forever.

*

I am finally at work and i prepare myself mentally for getting in here. I have been late but Lawrence promised as long as i could get him promoted and today i have a pitch that will get that done. I also prepared some business ideas while i was in the car and despite all i have just been through im ready to get stuck into work! Dad is back today, and i wont lie that does make me a bit nervous but i am going to go in here with strength, like dad always says "always fight adversity with confidence and strength"

"Miss Johnson! where have you been?" I look at my assistant and she looks frightened for me. My anxiety starts to kick in but i hide it with a brave face as always How do i explain to people that i was away because i was being abused and just went through the biggest traumatic experience of my life. Answer is.. I don't.

"I was feeling a bit under the weather so i didn't want to infect anyone if it was something serious you know?" I say while grabbing the coffee she has in her hand for me.

"Well speaking about serious, your father wants to see you in his office." She says nervously. On the inside my stomach is doing backflips but on the outside i say

"That's no problem, i will be on my way now but first give office B20 This letter. Its the business idea that i had and i really think it will work." I give her an assuring wink and tip my coffee up at her while walking away. She looks so surprised at my calm behaviour. Little does she know i am just as scared as she is.