Chapter 2 [New church coming to town]

Mark 8:38

"For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."

Aaliyah

I am disturbed from my sleep by the blazing beam of the sun that hits off of my eyelids. New York never fails to impress when it comes to the lights. The rambling, hustling and bustling of these busy New York streets are too over whelming to for me to fall back to sleep in. I     look to the side of me in bed. Austin isn't there. I don't know whether to be relieved or upset.

After last night i don't know how to feel at all. Austin still lives in his old house about an hour away from me. I continuously tell him that he should move from there. The trauma and grief that comes with living there isn't healthy for him to keep taking in.

I would've kept living with Dad to be closer to him but i am way to absorbed with work to even consider moving back home. I take a big sigh then finally work up the energy to leave my bed and crawl to the bathroom.

I am looking at myself in the mirror. Blank expression. Numb to reality. Black Eye. Busted lip. Nothing new... I stay staring at myself for another 5 minutes... then 10 minutes... then i stop counting... Tears. They start to fall like a river. I'm not making a sound, I'm not even moving. The tears just... fall. What am i doing in this relationship? why cant i just leave?... I quickly shake these thoughts from my mind and grab my toothbrush. I brush my teeth, take a shower and get ready for my day.

I decided to dress myself up in a jet black pantsuit, the blazer had a crystal embedded button sown onto it and the pants are a plain black. I paired them with some LV red bottom heals and ofcourse coated my face in concealer and foundation to hide any scars... i cant let anyone see my weak side. i stumble into the kitchen and roll my eyes when i see a banquet on my kitchen table. Waffles, eggs, toast, Pancakes, Strawberries, whipped cream, Hot chocolate and Milk, Sausages, Salads a variety of different juices and a bowl of exotic fruits. Food Galore! In the centre of this buffet is a bouquet of red tall roses in a glass vase and a note. I slowly walk to the table and pick up the note and read...

"Aaliyah Grace, Never Again. I promise ♡"

I shake my head and walk over to a cupboard in the corner of my kitchen and throw the note in with the rest... the rest of the broken promises... This is a good meal though and i refuse to let what happened last night ruin my week. i brush it off for now and sit down at the table to enjoy my feast.

DING DONG.

What now?...

"HEY HAPPY COUPLE!!!" to my surprise in walks my bubbly twin sister, Destiny. Her gorgeous 4c curls follow her energetic tone and bounce with every movement. Her smile lightens up any room she enters. She has stunning Dark skin and beautiful hazel brown eyes. She dances her way to the kitchen and stops in her tracks when she sees the food and flowers on the table.

"Well damn. Now you see, im trying to see what this is like sis! you are so lucky!"

If only she knew the price i had to pay...

"What are you doing here destiny? shouldnt you be with your big time surgeon boyfriend?" Recently she started seeing this doctor, surgeon whatever he is... He is a lot older than her so im the only one who knows about him. All i can say is he makes her so much happier.

"He is gone to work, where you should be right now" she gives me a cheeky smirk and i nod back.

"here" she hands me 3 letters..

"your mailman came while i was parking outside and gave these to me for you." I took them from her hand

"thank you"

I flick through each one, seeing what misery i have to deal with today. Bills due... i put that on the table.. New Gym Opening up Next week.. i put that on the table....

Hmm......

New Church Ministry Starting up In your city! Come and praise the Lord with us , ALL ARE WELCOME!

my mind stays on this letter for a while. I believe in God to some extent. I use to be 100% all about God at one point in my life. I had a true relationship with him but since i got with Austin and because he isn't a believer, i just stopped going to church. It had been weeks before i even remembered about my faith and by then i felt it was too late to go back. Like if i were to go to church now after not being there for so many years i would be judged and treated like I'm lesser than.

The truth is I've just been to busy for God, but hey, he has got like 8 billion+ other children, I'm sure he doesn't mind if 1 backslides..

"whats the letter for?" Destiny asks after realizing how long I've spent staring at it. Analysing it..

"oh nothing just another one of these stupid spam church letters you know how it is.." she rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"Yeah girl i know, shouldn't they be praising God and catching the holy ghost or something? why are they still bothering us?" she laughed.

That wasn't funny. But i laughed with her. None of my family are christians, which is just one thing that added onto my struggle of having a faith. No one around me had one.. I felt alone.

I'm starting to feel that a lot more nowadays. She takes off her shoes and sits down with me, grabbing whatever food she wants and stuffing her face with it. I laugh. Its not a real laugh. Its a laugh that she needs to let her know im okay. We stay and chat at the table for about an hour more before i finally get up and go to work.

*

Please dont forget to vote and comment 💗
God bless :)