Chapter 20 [Thus says the lord]

Aaliyah

"We are so excited to introduce our special guest host for today... He is the CEO of one of the fastest growing gyms in America, Maleek Davis Everybody!"

Jeannie Mae said while staring into the camera. I watched maleek walk confidently onto the stage as the music played and the hosts got up to welcome him. He looked amazing, He was wearing a white buttoned down shirt with two buttons opened and dark blue dressy bottoms with a leather brown belt.

His hair had been cut into a fade but the hair on top still had a wavy texture. Production made him shave his beard into shape, its not as long or full anymore its just stubble and now i can see how defined his jaw actually is, as if he couldnt get any more fine... Calm down Aaliyah! I say while shaking off my adulterous thoughts.

I am backstage looking through the tv screen that feeds back everything that is going on in the show, There are a few people around me as well, some are chatting some are watching the show with me. I have a coffee in my hand and my notepad in the other as i anxiously watch his every step, He said he hates interviews on the way here, because they can be so self righteous and idolizing, he almost wanted to turn back until i had to physically shake his broad shoulders out of that thought.

I love how he thinks, with other people ,they just go with the first thing they think sounds good, but maleek, he has a deeper mindset than that. He is always thinking about God and how it will affect his relationship with him, something about that is super attractive to me.

"So Maleek please do tell us what inspired you to open up this gym?" Tamera said while flashing him one of her gorgeous smiles.

"Well, when i was younger my father had this garage out back that he would invite a couple of his men into. He never let me into it or even my mother so we didnt know what was in there. They would go into the garage about 6 times a week and each time i would sneak down and try and find out what was in there. ofcourse i would have to deal with a few slaps to the back of the head every now and then for being nosey so if you look real close at my head and you see a little dent...." He threw his hands up and pursed his lips.

The crowd and hosts started to laugh, Maleek is actually really good at communicating, the way he acts you wouldnt think it sometimes. I sip my coffee as i continue to listen.

"..Anyways one day when i turned 8 my father called me into the garage with the line up of men, Now these men were about 6"2 and jacked so i was really intimidated but i had to stay strong or else i wouldnt get invited in again. So when we went in i saw a few old bricks covered in tape, some smaller some bigger, A bench and some metal rods attached together, i was really confused until my father told me he was trying to make a space for people to work out. It was really dangerous but it was all he had back then, so he inspired me to work my way from the bottom and take the tiny gym he created and make it into something huge." The audience applauded him and he gave a satisfied smile in response.

"And its obvious you have been working out, that body says it all." Loni says while eyeing his figure. I let out a chuckle and look to the girls beside me agreeing with her and lusting over him.

"You gotta let us see those abs, so we can know what we are tryna get like.." The audience starts rilling him up and i can tell he is uncomfortable with this attention. i dont think they even know he is a man of God? I hate to say it but im ready to see where this goes... I take another sip of my coffee and watch intently.

He shakes his head and mouths no but the audience only gets louder and starts to stand up chanting

"Show us, show us show us.."