Jade lifts her face, her eyes taking in the smiles on the pack member's faces as they too take in the exchange taking place before their eyes. Her eyes catch a familiar face among the seated pack members, Arthur smiles at her when both their eyes meet, and she returns his gesture. As she moved her hair gaze away from him she didn't fail to notice Adeena's eyes on where she sat, with her jaw clenched.

Everyone continued with their morning breakfast, the room filled with the occasional laughter and chatter filling it, that was until a pack member came barging in as if he had run a marathon, with his hair dishevelled, just with a pair of sweatpants on. It seemed like he had indeed run to the packhouse in his wolf form and had decided to wear whatever he got his hands on. Recognizing the male as part of the wolves who were responsible for the daytime border patrol in the pack, Adryan instantly perks up. All previous lightheartedness is forgotten with the male's arrival.

Adryan stands up, passing Adonis to Jade. By now everyone present in the room seemed to have sobered up. Feeling the seriousness of the situation, Adryan asks the male to accompany him to his office in the pack house, wanting to have some form of privacy. He didn't want the pack members to hear what the male had to say, knowing that it was something serious and causing them to panic. Jade stands up, passing Adonis to one of the omega standing by, she follows Adryan. Violet, Brian, Nathan, and Arther followed in her footsteps. No one stopped Arther, he was a beta by nature, even if he was pack less, no one dared to stop him.

Everyone filed into Adryan's office, closing the door behind them.

"What is it, Daniel?" Adryan asks straight away, not wasting time.

"A male from the neighbouring pack is at the border, claiming that a pack of rogues attacked their pack at dawn, wiping out almost all of them, only a handful of them managed to escape. He asked for you Alpha, he said they need your help." Daniel, the patrol guard speaks up.

Adryan takes in his words, "Which pack is he from?" he asks a moment later.

"The Eclipse Pack, Alpha" at his words, everyone in the room is shocked. The Eclipse Pack was a strong pack, ranking number four in all of America. So it came across as rather surprising that a mere pack of rogues were capable of taking out one of the strongest packs in the world.

"That is not it Alpha. His description of the rogues matches those that attacked the pack five months ago. Rabid behaviour, foaming at the mouth, unnatural strength and speed for a normal wolf to possess." Daniel adds.

Jade had an inkling that the rogues that attacked The Eclipse Pack were the same that had attacked her pack three years ago. It seemed that Adryan had the same thought, as he looked at her after processing Daniel's words. Everyone else in the room catches onto the unspoken words between their Alpha and Luna.

Heaving an exhale, Adryan speaks. "Brian, Nathan, and Arther, arrange our best warriors to visit the Eclipse pack, and station others at the border." turning to Daniel, "Inform the male that he's required to accompany us in helping bring back the remaining members of the pack here. I'll join you in a minute." he orders.

"Yes Alpha" with that Daniel leaves the room, along with Arther, Nathan, and Brian.

'Take care of the pack' Adryan's voice speaks through the mind link they shared. Jade turns to look at Adryan to find him already staring back at her, she wordlessly nods her head before Adryan leaves too.

"Jade" Violet speaks up, breaking the silence that had engulfed the room.

"Yes" she turns to face Violet, "help me prepare the rooms for the guests?!" she asks her.

"Sure" Jade replies immediately, flashing Violet a small smile.

Darkness enveloped the daylight by the time Adryan had returned to the packhouse along with Brian, Nathan, and the warriors that accompanied them to the Eclipse pack

Darkness enveloped the daylight by the time Adryan had returned to the packhouse along with Brian, Nathan, and the warriors that accompanied them to the Eclipse pack. Arther had volunteered to stay back and guard until they came back. Jade had been waiting for hours, she would help the Omegas with pack chores, other times she would pace back and forth worrying, thinking that the rogues might have come back and attacked them.

She was relieved when she saw Adryan, her eyes checking for cuts and scratches but coming up empty, the only thing that seemed out of place was his hair, which seemed to stick in all directions as if he had run his hands through them multiple times.

Jade's eyes stray away from Adryan to the small group of seven people that stood in between the warriors. She felt a lump in her throat as she took in their appearance, all of them looked like they had been dragged to hell and back, with their clothes tattered in places, hanging by a loose thread in places, blood covering their clothes and limbs. The group consisted of three men and three women along with a toddler that seemed to be around three. Wariness and fear were evident in their eyes as they looked around.

She could understand their situation completely, as she was in their exact position three years ago. She was a bit content with the fact that they had each other, unlike her, who had no one at the time.

As the group warily followed Adryan, Jade takes slow steps towards them, she greets them and helps them to the pack house where the guest rooms were arranged for them to stay. At first, they varied to follow her, but basking in her comforting and kind aura, they gave in.

Jade had just shown the wolves to their room, giving them a small tour of the room they were going to stay in. She'd ensured them that they were safe in the Blood Moon Pack and didn't have to fear rogues.

As she walked into the kitchen, she had spotted Adryan sitting on one of the stools, going to stand behind him, she rubs her arms up and down his back, causing his tensed back muscles to let loose as he basked in his mates presence, inhaling in her intoxicating scent.

Grabbing his soft hands in his, he moves her forward, so that she was standing beside his seated position. He brings her down further so that now she was seated on his lap.

His actions caused redness to spread on her cheeks.

She feels his fingers moving away the stray pieces of hair that hung before her eyes like a curtain shielding her eyes from his. Ocean blue eyes stared into the emerald green with so much intensity.

Adryan moves his face closer to hers, resting his forehead on hers, their breaths mingling together as tingles spread through both of their skin like a sky lighting up with fireworks.

Silence fills the room. Calmness and warmth surrounded their bodies.

▪️ ▪️ ▪️

(Author's note: two more chapters and then the fun begins)

Don't be a silent reader ;)

Vote, comment, and share.

-Naomi