"I can see that, you're trying to live again and try your best" she said while rubbing her hand over my tigh, I nodded at her "she makes me do that" I heared my mom agreeing with me and saw her looking at Y/n now too smiling.

I started smiling when I saw her figure walking back to the living room, she gave me a confused look when she saw us both looking at her "why are you both looking at me? Is there something on my face? or-" she started worrying about her looks seriously?

I cut her of  "You're perfect, we were just admiring you can we?" her figure froze at my words and she gave us a shy smile and nodded.

"Thankyou for doing the dishes you really didn't need to" my mom thanked her and I agreed with her. "Oh no problem it's nothing, now what are we gonna do?" she askes out of curiousity.

"Oh I have a nice idea" my mom said while wiggling her eyebrows up and down while looking over at me "Oh my- you're thinking what I'm thinking right?" I asked and she nodded.

We both looked over at Y/n and saw her looking at us with a smile but also a confused look "so Y/n you into some.." I nodded as a sign for my mom "Karaoke" we both said together at the same time.

"Yes ofcourse I've never done it but it looks really fun" my mom jumped out of the couch after her response "Imma get the stuff from upstairs I'll be. right. back." she said and stormed upstairs.

"You both must really love karaoke" Y/n sated and I nodded "we do, we always did it with my dad every friday night so it's a great memory and it's really fun" I smiled at the memory of doing it with my dad, it was always so much fun I bet she's gonna love it too.

"Here I am" my mom said in a rush while already connecting the karaoke micro's to the Tv she started it up and there it was all the popular songs we could sing.

"Y/n do you wanna start?" I asked and she shook her head with a smile plastered on her face "no I wanna first see how you both do it" I nodded and stood up next to my mom.

"Still think you can beat me huh" my mom mocked me since I always told her that I could beat her easily at the points but I never did because I always laughed to much at how funny it was so she's still mocking me about that.

"Hell yeah which song I'll let you choose so you have at least your fun" she scoffed at my question but let it pass and put on a smirk "what about 'because of you' from Kelly Clarkson".

"You're still a fan huh? Ok let's do it" she nodded and searched the song once she finds it she clicked on it and the music started.

We both started singing at our best but we also laughed at my mom's voice since she couldn't sing at all, I knew from myself that I could sing I have a good voice but I won't use it, I did write some lyrics once at the time my dad pasted away but I won't tell anyone about it it's something I'm gonna keep for myself since it reminds me of the time I've been trough.

I was laughing so much at my mom's voice that I didn't sing anymore, while my mom kept singing at her best she tought she could I looked at Y/n and she was also laughing at us which made me smile at her.

"See I won again you'll never beat me boy" My mom said and patted my head "it's because of your voice it makes me laugh so much I can't even sing properly".

She gave me a look like 'don't deny you're just not good' but just shrugged it of and gave the mic to Y/n.

"I didn't know you had such a good voice" her statement made me look at her and made me smiling "thankyou, so wich song babe" I saw her thinking untill her eyes lit up.