Chapter II

"Why are you low darling?" Eunae's mom sat beside her daughter who was subtly emitting gloomy clouds into the atmosphere around her.

"Nothing mom." She sighed leaning on her mom's shoulder. "Tell me. What's bothering my sweety?" Mrs Cha softly brushed off Eunae's hair strands with her fingers, that were covering her beautiful eyes.

"Eomma. You know that company which offered me a job in Ulsan right. Lauren says it's legit but the salary package isn't worth the job." Eunae sighed again feeling unlucky about this whole thing.

"Well, it's nothing to be sad about dear. It's just not meant for you." Mrs Cha tapped her daughter's cheeks lightly. "Maybe I'm just unlucky to begin with." Eunae mumbled closing her eyes and snuggled into the crook of her mom's neck.

"Yah! Never say that." Her mom slapped her arm. "If you feel unlucky just for this, think of people who struggle so hard to afford a meal per day. Compared to them you are way better. So stop complaining about it and instead feel grateful that the Lord has blessed you enough." Mrs Cha glared at Eunae who was pouting as she rubbed her arm where her mom slapped a bit harder.

"Arasseo arasseo! I get it. So don't hit me ma. It hurts. Jinja!" Eunae whined once again leaning on her mom's shoulder.

"By the way ma, Lauren suggested me to apply to this IT company that's actually situated in Seoul." Eunae began and looked at her mom's reaction. "So shall I apply to that company ma?" She continued when her mom nodded in response.

"Why ask me? Do what you want. Anyway it's not like they would hire Cha Eunae on a go, as if they waited for you to apply." Her mom shrugged smirking. "Eomma!" Eunae whined sitting up.

"Haha well just throw the stone at the tree from your part. It's upto your luck if its the fruit or the stone thats falling. Let's wait and watch which clicks." Her mom winked patting her head.

"Ah! Before I forget, don't tell your appa about this now. You got that?" She reminded her daughter to keep it a secret until they know the outcome.
"Sure ma!" Eunae smiled nodding with a thumbs up.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇
Few days later....
◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

"Hello! May I speak to Ms Cha Eunae please?" Spoke a Korean lady on the other line of the international call Eunae received moments ago.

"Yeah, that's me. May I know whom am I talking to?" Eunae sat up on her bed, her muscles tensing up for some unknown reasons.

"Hello! I'm Park Yejun. And I'm the HR of Oracle company." The lady introduced herself. "Oh y-ye!" Eunae stuttered the simple word and mentally facepalmed herself to have expressed her nervousness already.

"Well, it seems like you have applied at the Oracle company for the position of Project manager. Am I right?"  The HR clarified. "Ne. I did." Eunae calmly answered while the sweat beads already started forming on her forehead.

"Fine. So Cha Eunae-ssi, you have been shortlisted for the next round, which is the test session, since you match all our expectations." HR Yejun summarized her purpose of calling.

"Oh!" Eunae exclaimed, her excitement already bubbling inside. "Yeah. So may I know when you will be available to take up this test Eunae-ssi?" Yejun inquired about Eunae's schedule to match the test session according to her candidate's convenience.

"I'm fine with anytime, Yejun-ssi." Eunae humbly replied. "Arasseoyo. Will 11:30 am KST work with you? It's the only time slot available on 19th and it would be around 9:30 pm GMT. Will that be convenient to you?" The HR re-confirmed. "That's fine. I'm fine with that time slot Yejun-ssi." Eunae assured calmly.

"Alright then I'll be sending you the questions during the time slot set tomorrow. Thank you for your support." Yejun informed and hung up the call.

"Woah! That was unexpected!" Eunae quietly exhaled still in shock. "Like really, totally, completely and all the other synonymously it's unexpected that I got shortlisted for the next round in interview!!!!!" She jumped on her bed overwhelmingly happy about the progress in the job she applied.

"Eomma...Omo I need to tell her this immediately." She jumped off her bed and ran to her mom like a little kid while she was actually in her early 20's.

"Woah woah! Slow down will you?" Mrs Cha looked at her running daughter eyes widened . "Eomma! I got asdfghjkl..." Eunae's words muffled as she spoke while running towards her mom.

"Yah! First slow down and walk here before you fall anywh..... " Her words went unsaid as her clumsy daughter had already hit her knee on the table along the path.

"Ouch! It hurts!" Eunae cried in pain. "Well I warned you." Mrs Cha rolled her eyes and went back to read the magazine she was holding onto.

"Eomma! It hurts so bad! How come you don't even budge a little and help me out?" Eunae whined hopping and limping the rest of the distance to the couch her mom was at.

"Why should I? Don't you have a brain? Why would you run like a beast in the house?" Her mom raised an eyebrow glaring. "Ugh. My fault to have asked you for help." Eunae sighed sitting on the couch beside her mom.

"So why were you running around to begin with?" Mrs Cha closed the magazine and placed it on the table in front of her, to give her daughter all the attention. "Ah about that....." Eunae began whilst her hands rubbed on her right knee that kissed the table on her way.

"Does it hurt so much?" The mother frowned, checking her daughter's injured knee. "No it doesn't hurt much. But a massage from your beautiful fingers would do the magic mom!" Eunae grinned flapping her eyelids cutely.

"Haha arasseo! So what were you about to say though?" Her mom chuckled as she massaged Eunae's knee to prevent any bruises.

"About that... Eomma I got a call from Oracle company. They.. " Eunae started only to get interrupted by her mom. "Which company?" Mrs Cha questioned cluelessly.

"Ah eomma, don't you remember the Oracle company? The one Lauren recommended me. You know the IT company I mentioned earlier." Eunae clarified the relevant details to her mom.

"Well can't you just say that it's the company recommended by Lauren? Do you expect me to remember these little things at my age?" Mrs Cha scolded rolling her eyes at Eunae who sat there like a doll with a blank expression.

"So what about that company?" Her mom initiated the conversation again. "Oh yeah, that company HR just called to inform that I have been shortlisted for the next round of interview. And it's a test session, that will be held at 9:30 pm tomorrow." Eunae explained with the same enthusiasm she had when she ran to her mom to inform this.

"Alright alright! But don't you be so excited for just this. It's not like you've been selected yet. Understood? It's not good to celebrate until you succeed." Mrs Cha spoke as she laid her daughter's leg down after confirming it wouldn't hurt much now.

"I understand. But do you have to kill my zeal this way mom?" Eunae pouted scanning her injured knee amazed that it no longer hurt.

But less did she know her mom's words really held the power to change her life path.