Chapter 63

Emery's POV

Once we got back to the house, I walked upstairs ignoring everyone. I walked into my room and started to pace around, I walked to my dresser and wiped everything that was on top of it while yelling. I grabbed my phone from my packets and saw I had a message from mom. She must have sent it before she died.

Mom
I love you, you and your sister were the best things that happened to me. I'm sorry for not being the mother you and your sister need me to be, I sorry for letting drugs take over me. I'm sorry for ever, you were just a kid that had to grow up so fast because of me. you and your sister didn't get the childhood you guys deserved, but you guys do get the future you guys deserve, just without me in it. I know I'm going to miss some of the important things in your future that a mother should see and be there for their daughters. I'm a shitty mother and you know I am, but I know you won't be like me. All you did was take care of your sister, make sure she was ok, make sure she was doing good in school, make sure she eats, make sure she didn't have to worry about the phone bill or any bills. you're going to be a great mother and I'm sorry, love you and always.
- Mom

After reading the message and feeling the tears on my face, I throw my phone across the room making it hit the mirror and shatter. I'm so angry but sad, I need to throw something , I need to let everything out. I walked to my closet started throwing the clothes off the hangers, and the shoes

Once I saw there was nothing for me to throw
I took a deep breath and stepped into the shower still fully dressed. I turned on the water letting it hit me while sliding down the wall, till I reached the floor, I pulled my knees to my chest and cried.

It hurts, it hurts so bad. Dad left, mom died, and all I have is Rain. She's the only person I have left, and how am I going to tell her that our mom died.

I didn't realize anyone was in here till I felt someone's arms around me.

"What can I do," Xaviers asked, putting a hand on my head and bringing it to his chest.

"Just hold me," I said.

There's nothing Xaiver or anyone can do. All he can do is sit here in the shower with me, and hold me while getting soaked.

Today I found my mother dead. I was the one to find her lying there with needles up her arms. If I didn't find her, who would? Who else would have found my mom beside me?. Maybe one of her friends, maybe even no one, her body would have just stayed there and rotted, and no one would have known what happened to her. Instead of no one finding her, it was me that found her, and thank God Rain wasn't the one to find her.

I felt myself getting picked up by Xaiver. He sat me on the counter and walked to my dresser, stepping over all the clothes I had thrown on the floor. He came back and placed down some clothes for me.

"I'll be out there when you're done," he said, grabbing a town and wrapping it around me. He gave me one last look before walking out.

Once he walked out I jumped off the counter and turned to the mirror, I looked like a mess. I'm all wet from the shower and my eyes are red and swollen, and my head hurt so much from all the crying. I took off the wet clothes and put on the dry ones one, I started looking through the drawers to find some aspirin or something. One I found some and took two. I took a deep breath before walking out. Once I walked out I saw Xaiver in dry clothes and picking up all the stuff I had thrown on my bed and him moving it.

"You didn't have to do that," I said, wrapping my arms around me.

"It's ok," he said walking towards me. "You need rest, don't worry about anything," he said, holding my face in his hands.

"How am I not supposed to," I said walking to the bed "I have to tell Rain about our mother, I have to worry about what I wanna do with the house and the funeral, uh" I lift my hands to my face trying to shut out everything.

"Hey, look at me" I felt Xavier's hand pull my hands away from my face and hold them in his.

"I'll take care of the funeral, you don't worry about it" he said letting go and pushed me down to lay down "Then later we're going to go to the hospital and tell Rain, I'll be there for you if you want me to" he pulled the covers to my shoulders "then when you ready we can talk about what you wanna do with the house, but right now you need to rest," he said pushing my hair out of my face.

"Sleep" he leaned down and left a kiss on my forehead.

Once he pulled away I smiled at him before closing my eyes. Once I heard the door close and knew he was gone, I opened my eyes and just stared at the ceiling and realized pain is something I can't escape and probably something that's going to be natural to me as time goes on.