Chapter 61

Emery's POV

After getting ready I checked the time and I had an hour before I had to leave with Xavier. I walked to Zion's room to see if he was in there since I haven't seen him since this morning, I walked into his room and saw he was sleeping. I walked over to his crib and left a kiss on his forehead.

"I wonder what you're dreaming about," I asked smiling down at him.

"I wonder the same" I turned and saw Xavier leaning against the door frame, how didn't I hear him.

"I'm starting to think you like my son more than me," he said smirking.

"Is that such a bad thing, Zion is a calm baby, and y-" I shut my not finishing what I am was going to say.

Xaiver stands up straight "finish," he said, well more like demanding.

I was depending on finishing what u were going to say, but if I did it was probably not going to end well, so I kept my mouth shut.

"So you're going to keep your mouth shut," he asked.

I didn't say anything and just nodded my head.

He smirks and shakes his head "good girl, I usually like it when your mouth is open" he said.

I started feeling my face heat up, I was pretty sure my face was red by now.

"We should start going," he said and walked away.

I try to retain myself before leaving.

"Your dad is something," I said shaking my head.

"EMERY LETS GO!" I hear xaiver yell from downstairs.

I walked to the room closing the door behind me.

"I'm coming grumpy," I said.

When I got downstairs Xaiver was standing by the front door.

"What did you call me," he asked.

I'm for sure going to keep my mouth shut, even though he likes it open. Ok, I need to stop.

"Nothing, let's go," I said walking out the door.

"What car are we talking to," I asked

Xavier and the guys have so many cars in the driveway, and for what?.

"Range Rover," he said walking past me.

He opened the passenger car door and looked at me.

I got in the car and mumble a thank you. I watch him walk to the driver's side. Xavier started driving, but none of us said anything, the music wasn't even playing. After what felt like forever he had to finally stop the car, I looked around seen we were in the mountains.

"Please time me we aren't going hiking at night," I said.

"No," he said and got off the car, I got out as well.

"Follow me" Xaiver started walking down a path and luckily it wasn't dark, there we're little light going down the path is you can see.

"So what exactly do you wanna show me? In the mountains. At night." I asked from behind him.

"You just have to wait and see," he said.

"Fine," I mumbled under my breath.

After a little bit of walking, Xaiver stopped, making me bump into his back.

"Sorry," I said.

He turns around and smiles "it's ok".

I looked behind him and see the city.

"Wow," I said walking up a little more.

"I knew you would like it," he said standing next to me.

"So how did you find this place," I asked looking up at him

He looks at me then back to the city.

"When I was 17 my mom died, I'm pretty sure you knew that already," he said.

"Yeah," I said looking back at the city.

"when I turned 20, my dad had told me I was now taking over the mafia. Once he told me that I and everyone decide to celebrate at the club, and that's how I had met Zion's so-called mom. I started seeing her after that night and I had asked her to be my girlfriend, once she told me she was pregnant I didn't know how to feel, I wasn't mad, but I wasn't happy either. I didn't know how to feel knowing I was running a mafia and having a kid, but I was willing to do anything to keep them safe. Once Zion was born I was the happiest I have ever been after my mom passed away when I left and came but to the room, she was gone, which I told you already. It was hard taking care of Zion. When he would cry I didn't know if its cause he was hungry, or just wanted to cry, or even cry cause he wanted to be held in the arm of his mom. I was so stressed and tired, my father took care of him one day and I just remembered driving not knowing where to go, and that's how I found this place." He said looking out to the city.

"So how often do you come up here" I asked still looking at him.

"When ever I need to clear my mind, or to just be alone" he then looks at me "I never take anyone here, your the first." He said.

I'm the first?. I looked down and felt my face started to heat up, again?.

"Why ? " I asked looking at the ground and kicking a rock with my foot.

"I want you to have a safe space" he said.

"I do" I said smiling even though he can't see me.

"You do?" He asked, I could feel his eyes burning at me.

"Not really,  cause it's not a place" I said.

"What is it?"

"It's you" I said looking up at him.