Chapter 52

Emerys POV

I felt someone shaking me, I opened my eyes and saw Grace.

"Morning," she said, smiling.

"Morning," I said and put my face into the pillow.

"You have to get up, so we can help you shower," Grace said.

I tried to sit up without rolling on my back and covering my chest. Not because I don't want Grace or Zara to see me, but it's cold in the room.

"Why is it so cold?"I asked, wrapping the blanket around me.

"The air is only 76 degrees," Grace said and walked to the bathroom.

Well, It doesn't feel like 76 degrees. I walked to the bathroom with the blanket around me and seat on the toilet. I watched Grace start the shower and make sure the water was at a good temperature.

"Ok the water is warm," she said, taking her hand away from under the water.

"Where's Xavier?" I asked.

Even though I don't wanna see or talk to Xavier, I still wanna know where he's at.

"He's in his office....do you want me to get him?" she said pointing to the door.

"No," I said quickly.

"Ok..." she said.

I nodded and Zara walked into the bathroom.

"Morning," she said and kissed me on the forehead.

I looked up at her with a confused look. Did Zara kiss me on the forehead?.

"Let's get you showered," Zara said, handing her hand out for me.

I took her hand and kept one hand on my chest holding the blanket. I stood in front of the sink and looked at myself in the mirror, I looked awful. I look pale, my eyes are red, and I just look like I got hit by a bus.

"Can you let the blanket go, so we can take the bandage off?" Zara said.

I nod my head and moved my hand slowly letting the blanket fall to the floor. I saw from the mirror that Zara was holding scissors, she brought them closer and started to cut the bandage wrap off of me. I started to get shivers from the metal of the scissors touching me. Once the wrap was off I could see I had some bruise on my stomach, I looked in the mirror and saw Zara and Grace Looking at the bruise. They looked away and started to do what they were doing.

I looked back and the bruise and ran my hand over it, the bruise was on the left side of my stomach. The bruise was a kind of purple yellow color. I moved my hand away and pulled down my sweats, once I pulled them down I saw more bruises. I turned around and checked my back, my back was full of bloody scars from the wipe. I looked down at my ass and saw there was a handprint.

No wonder my ass hurts when I sit down, I looked up and seen Xavier standing in front of the doorway to the bathroom. I can see his eyes looking me up and down, one of his hands was in a fist and his face looks like he wanted to kill someone. I grabbed the blanket from the floor and covered myself, I turned my back against him and looked down trying not to make eye contact with him. I look up a little and watch Zara closed the door on Xavier, she turned around and gave me a little smile. I took the blanket off and walked over to the shower, Grace and Zara helped me get in and help me shower.

Feeling the warm water all over me feels so good but does hurt due to my back. After the shower Grace and Zara wrapped my back again and helped me into some clothes. I was wearing Xavier's clothes and I could tell because it smells like him, I was wearing one of his black sweaters and gray shirts. I sat back on the bed and my mind started to wander to Rain.

"What about Rain?" I asked.

Grace walks out of the restroom and sits next to me.

"We kinda told her your boyfriend kidnapped you and took you on a trip," Grace said.

I mean it wasn't completely a lie, well the kidnapped part wasn't.

"My mom," I asked.

"We left a note saying that we kidnapped you and took you to bora," she said with a little smile.

"Ok," I said also with a little smile.

"I need to talk to Emery," Xavier said.

I look at Xavier standing in the doorway to the room, I didn't even hear him come in. Grace looks back at me and gives me a smile before walking out and closing the door. Now it was just me and Xavier in the room by ourselves.

"We need to talk," he said, standing a couple of feet away.

"There's nothing to talk about," I said looking at my hands.

"What do you mean there's nothing to talk about, what did they do to you, what did they say to you," he asked with anger in his voice.

I snapped my head to him and I can already feel the tears coming.

"You wanna know," I asked standing up. "They kept asking me about your plan and I didn't know anything about your plan, so they kept hurting me till I told them. No matter how many times I told them I didn't know, or no matter if I would cry out asking them to stop, t-they didn't. Every day was the same, they would come in asking me the same question and I w-would reply with the same answer and they would just h-hurt me till I told them BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING!. I was hurt because of you because I didn't know some plan of yours. I WAS GETTING HURT EVERYDAY BECAUSE OF YOU" I said pushing his chest making him stumble a little.

I turned my back to him and wiped the tears off my face.

"E-Emery I'm sorry you had to go through that, I w-wish you didn't have to do through that-"

"But I did," I said, cutting him off.

"I know, and I'm sorry. This is all my fault but I'm handling this" he said.

I turned back to him and saw he was still in the same spot.

"How are you going to handle this, what can you possibly do to take the pain and trauma away from me, or anything else. I mean I have been through hell in the past couple of weeks Xavier and I can't no more"I said.

There was a sudden change in his face.

"W-what," he asked.

"I don't wanna be around you and the whole mafia thing. I thought I could accept it and everything but I can't, and I'm not going to be your stupid fake fiancé. I wanna go home" I said with tears coming down my face.

"Emery if you leave you will be in more danger," he said taking a step closer.

"I would feel much safer at my own house than being here with you" I snapped back.

I could see that my words got to him, I could see the sadness in his eyes. He just nods his head and walks to the door but stops.

"I'll have Zane come pick you up and take you home," he said and walked out the room slamming the door.

I sat back down on the bed and broke down, did I do the right thing for myself?.