Chapter 59

Emery's POV

3 simple words that could change everything, and that did change everything.

The day I told Xavier I love him I expected him to say he loves me and then take me on the desk, but he didn't. Instead, he kept quiet and walked out.

It's been three days since I told Xavier I love him and I haven't seen him, well I try to avoid him or he avoids me. Luckily I can see the driveway from my room so I can see when he comes home.

"Emery" I heard Lexi on the other side of the door.

"Coming," I said walking to the door.

I opened the door and saw Lexi with Zion on her hip.

"Are you busy today" was the first thing she said to me.

"Uhh no," I said.

"Can I ask for a favor?" she asked.

"Sure," I said.

"Can you watch Zion?" she asked?

I looked at Zion and he was smiling which made me smile.

"Sure," I said.

I was not going to say no to Lexi, I mean how can I not say no to her, it's Xavier's sister for god sake. Besides, there's no reason for me not to watch Zion.

"I'll be back at nine," She said, handing me the baby.

I grabbed Zion from her and put him on my hip.

"He already ate, I just changed his diaper so he should be fine," she said.

"Ok," I said.

"Thank you so much," she said.

"You're welcome," I said smiling.

Lexi walked away and I looked at Zion "I guess it's just me and you today" I said walking downstairs "so what should we do" I asked him.

Zion just smiles and giggles "you're so cute aren't you," I said poking his nose.

After playing with Zion for hours I was finally able to put him to sleep. "Good night Zion" I said, kissing him on the forehead and laying him down in his crib.

I grabbed the baby monitor and walked out of the room as quietly as possible. I shut the door once I turned around. Xaiver was standing there.

"He's asleep," he asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Thank you.....for watching him," he said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"You're welcome," I said.

Now we're just standing here in silence, this is awkward.

"Well I should probably head to bed," I said walking past him.

"Are you going to stop avoiding me?" he asked.

I stopped in my tracks but didn't turn to look at him "You were avoiding me too" I said.

"I know, and I'm sorry," he said.

"It's whatever," I said as I walked away.

"We should talk," he said.

"There's nothing to talk about," I said, still with my back still turned to him.

"Yea there is," he said, raising his voice a little.

"No. There . isn't," I said turning to him. "When you walked out of the room I understood loud and clear, so NO there's nothing to talk about," I said, raising my voice and turning around.

"Why," he asked.

"Why what," I asked, turning to him.

"Why do you love, how can you possibly love someone like me," he asked.

I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

"Tell me Emery why," he asked.

"B-because I do Xavier," I said, walking away from him and going downstairs.

"We're not done talking about Emery," he said following behind me.

"There's nothing else to say Xaiver," I said walking into the kitchen.

"Well I'm not done," he said.

"Ok then talk," I said, crossing my arms and leaning against the counter.

"How could you love me?" he asked "I'm a mafia leader, I kill people, you got kidnapped and abused cause of me, you also got raped when you came to one of my matches, you were in pain physically and emotionally because of me, and you love me," he said.

I don't know if he was angry, stressed, or even hopeless, or all the above.

"Yea Xaiver, because you are still a good brother, friend, son, and an amazing dad. When Zion sees you he is the happiest little boy in the world, and I know you won't let anything happen to that little boy Xaiver, and Xaivrer I came back alive, and that is all that matters" I said tears going down my face.

"We can't Emery," he said.

What?. My heart just broke into a million pieces.

"Why, cause I'm going to get hurt again. Cause there's a chance your Enemies are going to kidnap me again. I hate to break it to you Xaiver but no matter if we happened or not, I'm always going to be in danger, and you even said it yourself, so fuck it, why not." I said standing in front of him.

I could tell that he's holding and I don't want him to.

"Stop holding back Xaiver cause it won't be pretty for me or you," I said.