Chapter 62

Emerys POV

After that night with Xavier, we went back to ignoring each other. I'm finally pushing Xavier's bipolar ass out of my mind and paying attention in class.

"Is anyone sitting here".

I turned my head and there was a guy with dirty curly blond hair with hazel eyes, he was holding his backpack on one shoulder and a binder in his hand.

"Hello," he said, waving his hand in my face.

"Shit sorry, what was that," I asked.

"Is there anyone sitting here?" he asked.

"Uh no, you can sit" I move my bag to the floor next to me.

"Thank you".

"Ok class, turn to page 236".

During class, I couldn't help but notice he wears a lot of jewelry. He has earrings, necklaces, and rings, and they look good on him. He turned his head and made eye contact with me, he smiled and winked at me. I smiled and looked back at the professor trying to hide that I'm blushing. I could feel that he was starting so I looked, and he was.

"Ok class that's it for today".

I looked around and saw everyone packing up and leaving, I grabbed my stuff standing up to leave but he stopped me.

"So are you just going to check me out and not tell me your name," he asked standing up, throwing his bag over his shoulder.

I smiled and stuck my hand out "It's Emery" I said. He stuck his hand and grabbed mine " Vincent, but my friends call me Vinnie" he said, shaking my hand.

"So do I call you Vincent of Vinnie?," I asked, letting his hand go.

"You can call me Vinnie since we will become friends," he said.

"What makes you so sure?," I asked.

"Trust me, I know we will become great friends," he said.

"Ok, well it was nice to meet you"

"You too," he said, he walked away but turned around giving me one more smile before leaving through the door.

"Emery," someone said.

"Yes," I looked up and saw it was the professor.

"You can go now," he said, chuckling a little.

"Yeah, sorry," I said, picking up my folder.

I walked through the door, making my way down the hall when someone came up to my side.

"What was taking you forever," Zane asked.

"Nothing, why weren't you in class," I asked.

"Emery," he said, stopping in the middle of the hallway. "What," I asked, stopping too.

"I'm not here to learn like you, I'm just here to watch you," he said and walked away.

Watch me? from what?. Does Xaiver have him doing this, of course, he does.

"Wait," I said, turning in his direction "since how long" I asked, trying to catch up to him.

--------------------

"Mom, are you home," I said walking into the house, closing the door.

I haven't talked to mom since I caught her using drugs again, I wanna talk to her about going to rehab. I want her to get better to be there for Rain, I just hope she is willing to go and get the help.

"Mom," I said walking upstairs. I reached her door and knocked on "mom" but didn't hear anything from the other side. "Mom," I said, opening the door. Once I opened the door, I felt all the air inside me get knocked out of me . I felt my knees go weak making me drop to the floor.

She's dead. Mom's dead. She looks pale and blue, and of course, there are drugs around her. She overdosed, she died and drugs were one of the ones that took her. I crawled over to the bed and took her hand into mine.

"Please wake up, m-mom, please" I pulled her hand into my chest "just wake up, so you could go to r- rehab and get better, please, p- please w-wake up"

"Emery" I hear Zane.

"S-shes dead Zane," I said looking at her still. I looked at him "w-why did she have to do drugs" I said crying more.

"oh Emery" Zane Neeld to the floor and pulled me into his chest, I let her hand go and curled into his chest.

"Some people make really stupid decisions in their lives, and your mom made one," he said.

Zane was holding me while I was watching the paramedics walk out with my dead mom in a black bag. They put her in the ambulance, I felt someone else arms around me and didn't realize it was Grace and Zara.

I stood there watching the ambulance leave, I still don't believe it.

"We should get you inside," Zara said, pushing me toward the house.

"I-i don't wanna be here," I said looking out into the street.

"O-ok, we can leave then," Grace said.

Zane walked me to the car and helped me inside, he closed the door and I looked up to the house. The house that used to have a loving family, but not anymore.