Chapter 33

Emery's POV

Xavier and I walked back downstairs to the dining room.

"Is everything ok?" Carlos asked.

"Yeah, everything is fine," I said sitting in my seat.

"So Emery do you live here with Xavier," Carlos asked.

I looked at Xavier to let him answer but he just nods his head at me. He wants me to answer, are you kidding me. I don't even know what to say, I looked back at him and answered.

"Uhh, no I live with my mom," I said.

"But you do plan on moving in right?" Carlos asked.

"Yes, father," Xavier said.

I swear if Xavier ends up telling me I have to move in with him I'm going to strangle him.

"Ok that's good," Carlos said with a smile on his face.

I looked at Xavier and he was drinking his drink and winked at me. I closed my thighs because I may have got turn on from his wink, it's my hormones.

"So Emery are you going to go to Xavier match," Carlos asked.

Match?. What match?.

"She can't she's busy," Xavier said.

No, I'm not.

"No, I'm not," I said looking at him.

"Great it settled she will be coming to your match," Carlos said.

Xavier took a bite of his steak and looked from Carlos back to me and just by his face, I knew I probably should have had I said I was busy.

We were all chatting and laughing but Carlos got a call.

"Yeah I'll be right there," he said and hangs up the phone.

"Who's that," Zane asked.

"My assistant, he said some files were lost and I need to get back to the office ASAP," Carlos said getting up.

"Do you want me to come?" Zane asked.

"No I'll go," he said "it was nice meeting you Emery," he said looking at me.

"You as well," I said with a smile.

"goodbye," he said to everyone and left.

"So Emery is going to your match," Elijah said.

"No she isn't," he said getting up from the table and waking upstairs.

"I think you should check on him," Isaac said.

I got up from the table and walked upstairs to his room. I opened the door to his room not caring about knocking but he wasn't in there. I walked out of the room and heard movement from another room and walked to the door. I'm guessing Xavier is in there, I brought my hand up to the door and knocked.

"Come in," he said.

I opened the door and walked in, closing the door behind me. Xavier was standing in front of a table full of liquor and was drinking a cup that's of course had liquor.

"What do you want," he said angrily looking at his cup.

Great, he's mad, this is going to be tuff.

"Why"I asked.

"Why what," he said looking at me than walking to his desk and shitting on his chair.

"Why can't I go to you dumb match thing," I asked.

He looks at me and slouches back in his chair and takes a sip of his drink.

"First it's not a dumb match. Second, you probably won't like it, and third because I said no" he said.

I did not pay any attention to what he said, cause they were all bad reasons.

"All I heard were dumb reasons," I said.

"Emery," he said.

"Husband," I said laughing a little.

That sounds so wried to say.

"Wife," he said also laughing a little.

He went from mad to laughing, I swear he's bipolar.

"I mean if don't go to your match what kind of wife would I be then," I said placing my hand on my chest.

Xavier just looks at me and smiles with nodding his head and taking a sip of his drink.

"Fine you can go," he said.

I know there's going to be a but in the sentence.

"But," he said.

I knew it.

"It's not any type of match," he said.

Well duh.

"What it's just a boxing match," I said.

He nods his head and took a sip of his drink.

"It is a boxing match but just not any kind of boxing match," He said.

"Go on," I said standing in front of his desk.

"We don't wear gloves, we fight for money, and it's underground boxing," He said gulping the last of his drink.

Wait, no gloves, Money, and underground. I don't know about you but that's kinda sound sketchy to me.

"Well that doesn't sound scary at all," I said.

"It's not, "He said.

"Ok," I said.

"It's more traumatizing I would say," he said with a smirk.

What the hell does he mean but it's more traumatizing?. Is someone going to die from the mixing match?. Just great now I'm getting nervous. Even though I'm not the one fighting, but XAVIER IS.

Wait what if Xavier dies? he can't die. I mean I don't care but like I do. I mean he has people that care about him.

"So when is your match," I asked.

" tomorrow," He said.