Chapter 28 [The Garden of Eden]

Start from the beginning

"Okay... I have a twin sister, the one you met that day you came to my home..." He nodded and then turned his body towards me.

"Well, lets just say she has and is everything i ever wanted to be, Destiny gets all of Dad's affection, he treats her like a princess and me like the ugly step sister.." He doesnt even say anything he just... listens.

"Destiny got the looks, the curves, the beauty, the body... and i got stuck with the workload, the stress the struggles, you know i started working when i was 10. My dad would get me to come to the company every day after school and instead of playing with my friends i would have to take on some stupid task..."

As i rambled on, something in Maleeks expression changed. His eyes that were on me so intently, filled with a look i have never seen in him before... Pity? Remorse?

"Destiny and i have the same group of friends but i barely get to talk to them or hangout anymore because i always have to work. Thats how its always been, since my dad didnt get a son to force into the business, it had to be one of us and God forbid it was his little darling baby girl Destiny.."

I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself down. Even thinking about how unfair my father had treated me made me mad. Maleek... he didnt say anything, but when i opened my eyes again i could see his gentle eyes on me, begging for me to continue. I feel safe, with him i feel safe. I dont feel judged... I need this right now so i continue

"The party we are having tomorrow? its gonna be my first party as a trying woman of God. I wanted to invite half of destiny and my friend group to my party and then she would get the other half. Im thinking i want to make it less worldly, you know? no alcohol, modest outfits, non secular and christian music and some party games. Its gonna be in a big hall, im so excited."

His face was searching mine, almost like he was looking for truth in them.

"What is destiny doing for her party." He finally said.

"Same old same old. Basically the opposite of my party, tons of drinks, no modest outfits, hookahs, city girl music and strip games." He shook his head and looked down to the floor for a second.

"Im gonna be at your party, supporting you Aaliyah. I promise, i love how much respect you have for God to change your ways and do what is right for him. Im proud of you." I give him a thankful smile and sit even harder on my hands to avoid expressing my gratitude to him.

"Tell me about you.." i say while we are walking back on the beautiful trail down to the small building at the end of the Garden, being greeted by nature and its creatures.

"What do you want to know?"

Everything.

"Not much. I saw a photo in your car, of you with the mickey mouse ears and some little boy?" He dropped his head down and his shoulders bounced as he laughed.

"Uh.. yeah that was, that was a fun day."

"The boy... is he your son or something?"

"He's somebodies son, not mine. He is actually my... brother." My eyes bounced open, I was relieved that he didn't have any kids but i didn't realize he had such a younger brother. That just makes that whole picture cuter.

"Whats his name?" Maleek stops for a second and flips his hand over to show me a little tattoo on his wrist with the name Ace on it. I didnt even want to ask about the whole tattoo thing, i cant have anything ruin this moment.

"Thats a cute name! How old is he?"

"The little monster is 5 now. The worst age, they can never sit down in one spot and are always disturbing you." He chuckles to himself while he rubs the back of his neck with his hand.