Epilogue

Struan watched as Kaden tried to converse with their sister, Kiara. She is the most beautiful person they have met and he knew he would do anything to protect her. Ama had struggle a little to bring her to this world but he is now well and recovering. Hence, little Kiara is with them under the watchful eyes of their grandmothers.

Yes, grandmothers. Now Queen mother, Magnolia, was also present. Grandpa Elvis was having a grand time with the hunting party. He is all ready to play with Kaira once she is awake and does what babies do.

The Inn is open because Ama insisted people shouldn't be stranded. Therefore, both Baba and Papa take turns running the Inn while the other stays home. It's almost funny how they have the system even now, after a month.

Struan found Uncle Edward watching their youngest farm hand, an omega named Luke. Actually, uncle was amused but his friend was glaring.

"His highness thinks he is funny," snapped Luke and left.

"Why is he angry?"

"How can I meet his parents?" asked Edward.

"He doesn't have parents. When he came off age, it got difficult for him to live alone because of asshole suitors. Ama brought him here," said Struan.

"Well, Evy will probably murder me if I said I am interested in Luke?" said Edward. His uncle is always gentle and kind. He has never seen uncle flustered. Now though, Luke has him flustered. One of the local men who thought 20 is a good enough age for an omega husband to his fifty years old self had scared Luke badly. Ama had to coerce him out and bring him here.

"Depends on your intentions and he would think it's too early," said Struan.

"That's true. Someone as fierce as Luke deserves to be courted well," said Edward.

"What if he says no?" asked Struan, challengingly.

"Being the emperor is not enough," said Kaden impishly.

Edward shot them both a look but huffed.

"I will bribe Evy, that's the only way," he said and walked off like a determined man. Struan knew his uncle is not much older than him. It's understandable that he is intimidated by ama. Also, well, it's ama. Even his Baba and Papa are sometimes on their toes. He looked at the gun that was catching dust on the wall. His Baba has not been allowed to go on a hunt for months now.

"I want to be like ama. The alphas should be on their toes," said Kaden.

"You are already mini ama," smirked Struan.

They found their parents. All three were sitting in the veranda. Kaira was asleep and with grandmother Magnolia. The three of them were going through the Inn and Farm expenditure this past month. The trio spotted them.

"Uncle Edward is smitten," said Struan.

At that all three raised their eyebrows.

"Luke," said Kaden, unable to hold it in.

At that all three looked at each other.

"Well, we will see," said Ama and extended his arms. Both of them rushed to him.

"Wah, they have clear favourites," said Edgar teasingly. Lennox nodded sagely. They launched at them two of them next reassuring them that they both love them tonnes.

"We were thinking of inviting your other uncles over since they have been requesting a lot," said Papa. At that, both of them looked at Ama who was silent. Baba sat beside him as the silent strength of the other two.

"We can't always hold onto the past eh? We need to move forward, one step at a time," said Ama.

"Now go on, make sure to rest and have some time for yourself today," said Lennox. He let them both press a kiss to his cheeks.

They left their parents and made way to their rooms.

"I never thought all of this possible," said Kaden.

"I have more than I ever thought I will. This wealth is the most important to me. The wealth of family," said Struan. They blinked back tears as they parted ways to take rest and have some time for themselves.

Being older brothers is one hell of an exhausting job.

------

I could stretch this. I don't want to. This felt right.