Chapter 15

Edgar and Ervyn looked at each other exasperated as Lennox looked subdued. He told them about the conversation with Kaden. Now, the man was feeling guilty about the entire thing and having his son go through the sadness.

Ervyn poked the man.

"You are being ridiculous right now. It's sorted. We will hold a memorial for Aiden and then have a small celebration. It's settled and you will let us handle it unless you have some inputs to add," said Ervyn.

Lennox sighed.

"Alright. I will be fine, let's sleep," he said. Lennox was surprised when they both flanked his sides.

"What's this?"

"It's cuddle Lennox day," smirked Ervyn. Edgar was silent but his own agreement was understood.

---------

Edgar looked into most of the estate business which left Ervyn some time to take care of the children's education. Edgar knew politeness stopped villagers from asking too many questions. They were all kind people and addressed him your highness despite him asking them not to.

"Mr Lovan your wife purchased dinner for four," said Edgar. Lovan bowed and pulled out his purse.

"Our cook went to her home you see," said Mr Lovan, a local trader.

"The dinner will be ready in two hours. You are always welcome," said Edgar with a small smile.

"Of course, your highness"

"Please call me Edgar," said Edgar sighing inwardly.

"Sure"

The man looked taken aback but he left. Lennox, he saw was cleaning the tables. Edgar decided to go and help. He took the waste remover and went close.

"Don't do that, I will manage," said Lennox.

"It's okay," said Edgar and proceeded to clean the tables.

Lennox didn't like it when Edgar do work. He was once supposed to be the emperor of them all. He shouldn't be doing these things. His instincts kick up whenever this happens.

"Nothing will happen to me if I do a little hard labour," said Edgar.

Lennox didn't say anything but it was clear that he was not happy. Edgar was amused but he didn't poke the man much. Lennox was still deep in thought that night. Ervyn looked at Edgar in askance.

"He seems to think I shouldn't be doing work," said Edgar. Lennox looked at them both.

"If it's upto me, both of you wouldn't be doing anything," said Lennox. Edgar sighed. He hesitated a moment before touching Lennox and taking his hand.

"I am a part of this family, am I not? As it is, we are a family trying to keep our income straight and doing day to day work to ensure our children have enough when they grow up. We are sustaining several lives through our work too. What's wrong with me helping out with a little manual labour when I have the strength?" asked Edgar. Lennox didn't have an answer for that.

------

The birthday celebration was small but it was done after paying respects to Aiden. They all bowed before Aiden's resting place. They had a cremation for Aiden and his ashes were brought here when they moved, finally one with the soil. It has been years since then. Edgar saw a tear drop leave Lennox's eyes. Whatever his husband thought, the man must have really fallen in love with Aiden, unable to express it properly.

"Aiden, these two are fine here. Don't worry about them"

After sometime, the family made their way back. They cut a cake that was baked by Mathilda. Then they had a family walk. They went out into the town and all five of them walked, jointly, like any family would. They returned and had a wonderful lunch.