Chapter 10

In the end, the decision came easily to Edgar. He directed for his things to be packed. The servants opened the curtain of his room for the first time in a month. Sunlight streamed in. He wanted to lock himself up again. But he caught sight of Struan who was excitedly packing his things. He need to do this, for himself and his son.

Struan looked up and met his eyes.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I am. Let the maids pack," said Edgar.

Struan huffed. But he obeyed and walked over. He helped Edgar move and sit up.

"Are you feeling better Papa?" asked Struan. Edgar was surprised at being called Papa. He had asker Struan to call him Papa last time they met but the boy had been reluctant.

"I am. It feels much better," said Edgar. His mother stepped in.

"You have decided on leaving," she said. Not a question.

"Yes mother. I should have made the decision earlier. I didn't. I regret it. I don't want more regrets in this life time," said Edgar.

"I will disown you. You gave up your title and if you leave, I will have to explain what happened to the council and then -

"Disown me, yes. You can do that," said Edgar.

Magnolia hugged him. Edgar let her. She looked at Struan.

"I can never apologise enough for the wrongs I have done you. But I shall still try like a fool. My apologies," said Magnolia.

Struan shook his head and bowed.

"Please do not," he said, his voice small.

Then Edgar's father stepped in. Elvis was a man of great stature and was shorter than his son. His kindness and love is unparalleled.
Edgar let his father hold his face and drop a kiss on his forehead.

"Go and do what you feel is right. Live it the way you want. We are always with you," said Elvis. Edward nodded.

"You know I hate ruling. But I will do it as long as it takes if it will let you live a little," said Edward and hugged his brother. Edgar patted him.

He stepped out and found the Kerrs waiting for him. It felt monumental as he stepped out of the palace and walked over to the four people who were standing in a corner. Kaden had Alder in his hand. He walked over to them. A few of his servants insisted on coming with him. He couldn't leave them here after that. So he is taking them. He can pay them from his own wealth. It felt oddly freeing.

"Your highness. Here are your medications. I had to rush with them since I heard you are leaving soon," said his cheif counsel as he rushed over. He saw Ervyn stiffen and Lennox looking at him in askance. Ervyn mumbled something.

"Are you sure you came to see me when you could have sent it with a servant?" asked Edgar accepting it. Marcos didn't say anything. But his eyes found Ervyn who was stubbornly looking at the ground.

"Evy- started Marcos.

"I will wait inside the carriage," said Ervyn and went on to get in. Marcos stared after him for a moment. He looked at Struan and placed his hand on his hair.

"Take care of him, yes?"

"I will Master Marcos," said Struan.

"Uncle," said Marcos.

Struan looked down and nodded. Marcos then looked at Kaden and Lennox. He extended his hand to shake Lennox's. They greeted each other.

"I am Marcos Quetil, Evy's brother," said Marcos. Lennox nodded.