Chapter 9

This book is officially a Threesome. Apologies everyone who wanted a different romantic track. I had complete story line for both scenarios. But Edgar messed it all up with his intensity. He was like... Oh yes, I will have them both or nothing! Zzz. To think I was actually stuck on this story till last week. Lol.

The most difficult thing was to not check the gates of his house. He didn't know if they left. He didn't know if they stayed. But the prince's entourage has cleared out. They have gone. He was dreading going back home today to find it devoid of Ervyn and Struan. He felt two arms wrap around his middle and a very familiar head tucked into his shoulder.

He felt his breath leave his body and then come back as he stared into Ervyn's beautiful eyes.

"Husband, you do not seem to have expected me to be here," said Ervyn.

"I-"

"Did I finally render Lennox Kerr speechless?"

Lennox didn't say anything. He kissed Ervyn.

"Did you think I will leave you and my child and my home to run with the prince?" asked Ervyn in between the kisses.

"You love him," said Lennox. It was not a question. It was a fact.

"I have loved him since I was thirteen and him fifteen. A part of me will always love him. But, love is not enough. If so, we would have been together and had more children now. Sometimes, loving is letting go. Loving someone doesn't make me incapable of loving another. There is no competition. Is there?"

"You chose to stay- wait-"

"Why do you think I stayed?"

"I- Kaden-

"Kaden is my son, yes. Struan is your son, yes. He is also Edgar's son. Edgar will always be a fond memory for me, a part of me through the good times we have had. If I am choosing you over the prince of the country- that should tell you something," said Ervyn growling.

"Lennox. I choose you. I choose our family. I choose my Borgel. I choose my home," said Ervyn.

Lennox nodded and held him closer.

------------

Edgar felt his vision swimming as the carriage practically flew past the woods. He looked at the pup that was near him. He had thought he might have to give it away. How will he take care of a pup?

Once he reached Uruqual though, he couldn't part with the pup. So he purchased everything necessary for pets and took the pup to his royal chamber. He left instructions with the maids to keep an eye on him before going to meet his mother for breakfast.

"Running after that boy- hmm?"

"Apologies mother," said Edgar and he didn't notice his mother looking at him strangely.

"Are you well Ed?"

"Hmm? Yes mother. I am fine," said Edgar. He wanted to scream.

-------

Queen Magnolia knew she was breaking her son's heart when she told her 20 year old boy that no, the child conceived outside of wedlock cannot live. She had always liked Ervyn. They were an ideal match. But a son- the clergy was already up in arms over having a Queen instead of a King. Her husband has been ever supportive and they have battled through all odds.

When she did what she did, she expected young Ervyn to abort the child. He didn't. Instead he let go of her son and gave birth to the child- Struan. A boy who looked as beautiful as her own mother. She had seen him from afar. She had thought her son will reach some agreement with Ervyn over the child. That didn't happen. Ervyn would have nothing short of Edgar accepting Struan officially.