Chapter 13

Ervyn spoke to Mathilda about the union. She was beaming like Christmas came early. He swears her eyes were glassy as she hugged him.

"We should have the mayor do the union. Mayor Gareth is a good man. I will talk to him. We should definitely do it at the earliest. It's already evident that his highness is family," said Mathilda.

"Sure Mathilda, thank you. Perhaps this Sunday. But I need to confirm it with them," said Ervyn.

Their nights as a triad  in the bedroom were simple. Sometimes they lazily make out while on other days, they simply sleep. But it hasn't been long, barely four days. Ervyn spent more time with children during day time now that it was winter.

He heard the cheerful yip from Alder outside. They must be back. He smiled as he pressed a kiss to both their lips one after the other.

"We need to shovel some snow off the carriage path," said Edgar. Lennox nodded.

"Tomorrow"

"What do you both think about a Sunday wedding?" asked Ervyn. At that both stopped.

"Upto you," said Lennox gently touching his hand. Edgar nodded.

"You can decide," he said. Ervyn smirked.

"Then I also pick your clothes and everything else," he said and did not stay to hear any arguments.

----------

Lennox watched amused as the kids and Ervyn had fun arranging the ceremony. He looked at Edgar who was looking at him.

"What?"

"I just wanted to say thank you," said Edgar.

"For?" asked Lennox looking away.

"Everything," said Edgar.

Lennox shook his head.

"Evy loves both of us. He shouldn't have to chose when he really doesn't need to. I have seen too much loss. I know you won't last without him," said Lennox.

Edgar was silent for a moment.

"You are right. He is the only hope that kept me afloat," said Edgar. Then the prince did something unexpected. He stepped forward and pressed a chaste kiss to Lennox's cheek. 

Ervyn met Lennox's eyes from behind the prince and gave a small wink. Lennox rolled his eyes at Ervyn's anticts but his eyes softened as he looked back at Edgar and he kissed the crown of the prince's head. Edgar's eyes widened in surprise. They just stared at each other for a moment before Ervyn pulled them both into a firm hug.

-----

It was snowing as they stepped out of their home on their wedding day. They decided to hold it in their backyard where the children have arranged beautiful cloth flowers and ribbons to make the day special for them. Their staff members were standing on all sides with smiles on their faces. The children stood at front. Some townspeople were also present.

They made their promises to each other, their hands bound and then wore each other a ring of union together, sealing their bond. Then instead of kissing, Ervyn had decided on a hug. And hug they did. They also signed the legal documents cementing the union. Lennox and Ervyn used their old ring to make a new one which would be inclusive of Edgar too. Then they had a small feast.

Ervyn was tired by the time he reached their bedroom. They were planning on furnishing all unused rooms in their suite.

"I think we should each have a room of our own inside the suite. If we are mad at each other we get to stay away for a while but not too away. That way our fights will stay inside," said Ervyn.