Chapter 40

Hawaii.

One of the most terrific destination spots for people who like to spend quality time with nature. A perfect place for couples to bond as they watch the sun rise and set in a restaurant near the shore, whispering their undying love for each other. This splendid island should be perfect for yongsun to forget a certain woman and also an opportunity to focus on her husband, but here she is, locked in the hotel's bathroom, curled into a ball in such a vulnerable state, crying when she remembers their first trip together in Paris.

They landed an hour ago and eric was taking a nap-- exhausted from the flight-- while yongsun decided to hit the shower when her body felt like asking a cold bath to perhaps cleanse her troubled mind and lost soul. She's been in the bathroom for an hour already, but she still doesn't have any plans to stop at all. She doesn't even know what she's doing or why she's been acting so broken when from the very start she chose to be like this.

"What am I doing with my life? I must be crazy."

Yongsun whispered to herself as she slowly stood up, extending her arms to get the towel and wipe her body. She needed to make up her mind. What she's been doing from the past few weeks isn't helping. She always overthink things and it isn't healthy at all.

Yongsun went out of the bathroom wearing only a robe. She glance to the side and saw her husband sleeping peacefully on the bed. He must be exhausted from the flight because even from meters away, yongsun can hear his snores.

She smile before she headed out onto the veranda to unwind.

Steeping outside, yongsun sighed, inhaling the scent of nature as she heard the waves splash on the shore, emitting soothing music that relaxed her senses. The wind blows like a tone of lullaby, comforting her dying heart, and even from afar, she can tell the water is as clear as crystal that people can actually see their reflection in the glimmering water.

It was beautiful. This place is beautiful.

She doesn't know how long she's been standing or how long her mind was out. She just gets back from the world of reality when someone talk from behind.

"You're sad."

Yongsun almost punched eric when the guy suddenly hugged her from behind. Eric must've seen it happening because he tightened his embrace and held yongsun's hands to keep her from turning around and hitting the shit out of him. He chuckled, while yongsun clutched her pounding chest, surprised by the guy's presence. She's really jumpy these days, and maybe that's a proof she's always spacing out.

"I'm not sad. It's just all in your head." Yongsun reasons out as quick as possible. She wouldn't admit she's feeling sad or feeling down, eric would surely pry and it's not a reason she can easily share with her husband.

"Did you sleep well?" She changed the topic, facing the guy and lovingly stroked his hair. Eric hums at the gentle touch, swaying their bodies in a slow dance, connecting their foreheads together. There are no music in  the background, but the sound of the waves is enough help for them to have a romantic dance.

"In a way, I feel alive again. The flight was tiring." Eric replied softly.

"Sucks to be you then. I told you to sleep on the plane but you're tough as hell. Now deal with it."

"I know, I know. My fault."

Yongsun just flicked his forehead causing for the guy to wince dramatically. She flicked as gently as possible, but eric, who had been love-deprived for the past weeks, rubbed his forehead with a pout. Yongsun knew what was his deal-- she knew him for years already-- that she rolled her eyes yet smiled genuinely.