Chapter 9

A warm feeling coats yongsun's chest as she watches the dogs and byul jump at each other. She's not that fond of animals, not even like to keep one, but seeing byul being playful with the dogs and having fun with them, she's starting to consider the idea of raising a pet. She's always alone in their house, lonely, empty, and doesn't have anyone to talk except if wheein and hyejin calls. Maybe having some adorable creature by her side will somehow alter the loneliness. Besides, eric wouldn't mind.

Speaking of eric, yongsun fetches her phone and walks farther from her current spot, attempting to call eric to inform the guy she'll be home late. She knows byul wouldn't let her go shortly after this, might as well tell her husband in advance.

Few rings reverberated before eric answer the call.

"Babe, hi." Yongsun enthusiastically greeted, eyes looking back at moonbyul. The woman was still entertained by the dogs, making yongsun focus back on her phone call.

"Hi babe. I was about to call you too." Eric answered, hustling on the other line.

"Really? Why?"

"You know Jared, right? It's his birthday today and the gang is annoying me to come along later for a little celebration. Is it okay if I go with them?" There's something hidden in eric's voice. Kind of guilt? For not spending time with his wife as he always promise, maybe?

"You don't need to ask me for that, babe. Of course, you can."

Yongsun knows eric has a smile on his lips right now, and it makes her smile too. What makes him happy is making her happy. Eric is always at work, tiring himself to give yongsun the life he had promised. A little fun wouldn't hurt, and besides, she's having fun herself.

"Why did you call anyway? Is something wrong?"

"Don't be silly. Nothing's wrong. I-I was just wondering what you like to eat for dinner. But I think you'll eat there?"

She call to tell him about being late, but she didn't know why the lie smoothly escaped her mouth. It's either she was convinced it's not necessary to tell eric since it's not important, or she's thinking he will be late too, so he wouldn't know she's not home. Either way, yongsun knows it's not right. But she already lied, she can't take it back anymore.

"Uhm, yeah. I'm sorry babe. I'll make up to you next time, hmm?" Eric apologized.

"I know you will. Take care?"

"Yeah, you too. I love you."

I love you too.

It's supposed to be a reply, but yongsun noticed byul was already standing behind that she immediately ended the call without saying it back. If you ask her why, she doesn't know either. Eric will surely whine about it later, so she already braces herself for the confrontation.

Yongsun pockets her phone and faces the hamster. Her poker face began to appear as she raise her eyebrows at the woman. The changed of expression made byul pout, kind of sad by the thought of yongsun hating her again.

"Is liking animals a turn-off for you?" Moonbyul asks, thinking it might be the reason for her frown.

"No, why would you think like that?"

Yongsun grimaced. She might hate the woman for being flirty but the thought of her liking animals isn't one of those. Yes, she's annoying, pervert, and getting on her nerves, but that's it. Hell, yongsun even found her other personality cute.

Moonbyul smile at yongsun's answer as she holds her hand without permission. The warmness of her hand made yongsun blush, and before she can protest by the touch, byul run, dragging her towards the pond in the middle of the course.