Chapter 19

Paparazzi are squeezing in every corner of the place outside the hotel while a red carpet is situated in the middle of a long runway. Every click of the camera are capturing the famous tycoons that stop and smile at them, and even with the blinding flashes, they manage to beam and pose at the camera.

"Regarde ici s'il te plait."

"Look here."

"Madame, here."

Different voices echoed throughout the entire place as they tried to gather each attention. Some did what was told, while others ignored with a faint smile and advanced inside.

A luxurious car stop and paparazzi's ready their lenses for another round of pictures for the newcomer. The valet opened the door of the car and heavy flashes of camera illuminates the place. A few sets of gasps and squeals vented when a woman stepped out of the car, oozing class and sophistication with her all-black suit while guiding a woman who gets everyone's attention with her sexy rose gold cocktail dress that exposes her porcelain shoulder and legs.

Moonbyul smile at the apprehensive yongsun, squeezing her hand to let her know everything is okay. She looks at byul and a faint smile surfaced on her lips, squeezing byul's hand back as a response. With that assurance, moonbyul began to walk towards the red carpet while yongsun clings in her arm, pausing in the middle of the red carpet and smile at the bunch of cameras.

"Ma'am, please look here."

"Ms.Moon, here!"

"Here, smile here."

The two of them should be blinded by the light, instead, the photographers were the ones who are having a hard time capturing the two when they lose focus, mesmerized by their beauty. Not to mention, they look good together, especially when moonbyul and yongsun look at each other and smile sweetly as the flash of the camera capture that iconic moment.

After minutes of posing, they smile one last time to the paparazzi before going straight to the entrance which was opened shortly by the attendant standing in the corner.

Every step they made and each time they went closer to the main door, yongsun's heart doubled its pace. She can feel her palm sweating from too much anxiety, hell, she can feel she's about to collapse on the ground, but every time she's on the verge of panicking, moonbyul will instantly kiss the back of her palm, whispering sweet words to help her relax. It's weird but it happened to be effective.

"Good evening, Ms.Moon. Please proceed to table number 2, and Ms.Kim in table 10." The attendant said while browsing the list of attendees in his hand. Moonbyul remains stuck in her spot as she looks at him with furrowed eyebrows. How come yongsun and her are not sitting together?

"I'm sorry, but I think there's a mistake. We're not assigned at the same table?" Moonbyul clarified his words which the man instantly confirmed by looking back at the list provided.

"You have respective seats, ma'am. You are in the front row list and--"

"She's my plus one for the night and it's expected that we'll sit together. If she can't sit with me at the VIP table then I'll sit with her in the back."

Moonbyul didn't intend to raise her voice but it comes naturally. She's frustrated, confused.. even annoyed by what she heard. She had informed her friend that handles this event that she'll bring a date and told him to vacate a seat beside her no matter what. He said it's settled and yongsun can sit beside her. That's why she had asked if there must be a mistake.

A woman in her black fitted dress paired with black stilettos made her way to moonbyul and yongsun. She screams elegance, screams authority that when the attendant saw her, immediately bow his head as a form of respect.