A Ring

YEAR: 1960

MICHELLE'S POV

"The boys are coming home today!" Jude was ecstatic. "Are ye takin Lucy's car?"
"Yeah, are ye gonna take George's?"
"Yep." Jude couldn't stop smiling, I imagine it began to hurt after a while but I don't think she cared.
"Good, do ye want a ride to his house?"
"Why?"
"So ye can pick up the car."
"Oh yeah!"

I rolled my eyes, but whatever, at least she's happy. The car ride to Georges wasn't that long but it felt like an eternity. For Jude it was because she couldn't wait for George to get home. For me, it was because I'm wondering how Jude will react to George cheating on her.

"We're here, get out, I'll meet ye at the airport."

Jude nodded, still smiling. I pulled out of the driveway and headed to the airport. It was a long drive, no wonder George left so early before he went to Hamburg. I got to the airport before Jude, I parked Lucy's car and walked in. I went straight for the gate from Hamburg, Gate 9. I waited for Jude for about 30 minutes and we waited for the boys for another 2 hours.

"Flight 9 in from Hamburg. I repeat, Flight 9 in from Hamburg." The lady on the announcer seemed rude, I don't think she likes Hamburg. Jude was asleep, we were leaning against each other, I nudged my shoulder so she'd wake up.

"What?" She was crabby, she didn't like it when I woke her up.
"The boys flight just got in."

Jude jumped up and ran to the gate. She was like a puppy waiting for its owner to return from the store. One by one people poured out of the plane. Then at the end of the line was the band. Struggling to carry all their luggage off. Lucy and Cyn were holding most of the instruments, they tumbled out first. Then a scary looking guy, then John, then George, then Paul.

"Michelle!"
"Paul!" I ran to him and gave him a nice big, tight hug. I gave him a long kiss and refused to break out of the hug. "I missed ye so much! I missed ye hazel eyes, ye voice, you, I just missed you." I was crying into his chest.
"I missed ye too love." He kissed me on the head and pulled me off of him. "Let's go home."

He flashed me a smile and put his arm around my waist. I picked up some bags and headed to the car. I handed Lucy the keys and got into the back with Paul. I rested my head on his shoulder and he kept his arm around me. I missed this. You never realize how much you really miss something until its gone.

George and Jude were waiting in the car for Richard, it was quiet until Jude broke the silence.

"So George, how was Hamburg?"George froze when she mentioned Hamburg, he still hasn't decided how he's gonna tell her, he was freaking out.
"Uh...it was fine. Ta."
"George, are ye OK? Ye seem nervous? Did something happen? DID JOHN KICK YE OUT OF THE BAND!"
"No, but something did happen."
"What is it?" She touched his knee and looked to him with her big eyes, he caved immediately.
"I cheated on ye." She took her hand off his knee and looked away.
"With who?"
"Some German bird."
"Ye don't even know who it was?" She looked to George, very close to a break down, she raised her voice.
"I'm so sorry. I was drunk and I didn't know what I was doing!" Jude didn't say anything. "Ask Paul, I woke up the next morning freaked out that there was a random bird in me bed." He lightly touched her shoulder she smacked it off.
"YE SLEPT WITH HER!"
"I'm so sorry!" George was close to crying. Then Richard got in the car.
"Hey George who's this?"
"It's my girlfriend."
"Not anymore." Jude stormed out of the car and got a cab. Richard moved to the passenger seat and comforted George.
"Its alright, yer gonna find someone better, I promise." Richard tried smiling but could do it, seeing his friend fall apart. George sat up and wiped his tears away.
"Thanks Richie, ye a good friend." George put the key in the ignition and drove Richard to his apartment, then drove home to his house.

Back at my apartment, Paul and I were sitting on the couch watching the telly. Lucy was in the kitchen fixing herself a drink.
"So what did ye think of the 45 love?"
"I love it, listened to it every night when ye were gone." Paul smiled as he kissed my forehead.
"Ew get a room." Lucy she let out a chuckle and sat next to me, sipping her drink and turning up the volume on the telly.
"So Luc, did ye find anyone in Hamburg?"
"Unfortunately no. I was too busy takin care of these idiots." She gestures over to Paul.
"Ey! I wasn't an idiot!"
"Come on princess, yes ye were." He slouched in the couch and let out a whisper.
"Don't call me princess."
"So anyway, who was the new guy? And where's Pete?"
"John replaced him, that man ye saw, his name is Richard."
"He's rather scary lookin."
"Actually," Lucy budded in, "he's a very sweet man, talented too." I leaned over into Lucy.
"Does someone have a crush on Richard?"
Lucy's face went red and she smiled a little then looked back to me.
"Fuck off." Lucy got up from the couch and went into her room.
"So, Richard?"
"What about him?"
"Doesn't seem like a rockers name. Do ye think ye can give him a stage name?"
"I dunno love. Y'know, its not my decision to make."
"I understand. Wanna at least try, ye know so ye can suggest it to 'em."
"Fine love, got any ideas?"
"Well I dunno, what stands out about him?"
"He wears 4 rings. I've know I'm for a month and a half, always wearin 4 rings. They may not always be the same, but he's always got 4 on."
"What about Ringo?"
"Ringo Starkey? Sounds rather strange."
"What about Star?"
"Spelt like, s-t-a-r?"
"Yeah, why not."
"Sounds rather ostentatious, looks it too."
"Well then what do ye think!"
"Why not keep the Star, just add on another r."
"Why?"
"So he doesn't seem like such a big shot."
"Ringo Starr...I like it." I let out a laugh and fell into Paul. "I missed this."
"Miss what love?"
"You. I missed cuddlin on the couch, just sitting and talkin, you makin me breakfast. Just," I let out a sigh, "everything."
"How long do ye think we'll be together?"
"I dunno, why do ye ask." I felt Paul move around on the couch, like he was getting something out of his pocket.
"Cause love, I'd like to spend the rest of my life with ye" he handed me a little box with a diamond ring inside, "Michelle, will ye marry me?"