At Least He's Got Manners

YEAR: 1957

"What about this one?" Jude spun around to see if her hair style stayed in place.
"Jude ye look fine, now just one more thing."
"And what might that be?" She looked confused as I started rumaging through my desk drawer.
"This, turn around." I put a nice navy blue ribbon in her hair, and tied it up at the top to form a cute little bow. "Man, ye better hope that George likes mods, cause ye sure as hell ain't a rocker," I let out a laugh as Jude nudged me in the shoulder.

"GIRLS, HURRY UP OR YER GONNA BE LATE!" Mum cried out from the bottom of the steps. She hadn't remembered anything from last night, and I wasn't planning on brining it up. She was a good mum, just not when she drank. "Ready girls?" Jude and I nodded in unison. "Alright, get in the car."

The five minute drive to school felt like an eternity for Jude. I've never seen her this happy before. God, I hope George likes mods.

"Get out the car."
"Bye mum." I polietly said to her. Jude couldn't be bothered, she was to excited to meet George.
"What's with yer sister?" mum asked.
"Oh she's meetin someone today, just excited I guess, bye." I closed the car door and began walking up the school steps , with Paul not far behind.

"Ello love." He greeted me and handed me a flower he had just picked out of the bushes; I sniffed it and smiled.
"Thanks Paulie," I smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek. As I was about to enter the building John stopped me.
"Hello love." He leaned against the door so I couldn't go in.
"What do ye want John?" I asked with an annoyed tone in my voice.
"Just wanted to stare at yer pretty face for a bit."
"Get lost Lennon!" Paul jumped in. John ignored him. I couldn't blame him, Paul was a little scrawny, harmless thing that couldn't hurt a fly.
"So my band is playin tomorrow at the fair. Ye should come see us." he smiled and placed a fag in his mouth and took a long drag.
"I'll think 'bout it," I replied while looking him dead in the eye.
"We're the Quarrymen, don't miss us." he gave me a wink; I nodded and he moved away from the door.

"Wow, what a jerk."
"Oh Paulie lay off him, everybody can't be as nice as ye." Paul flashed me a smile and we walked to our class. On the way there I heard crying in the loo; I stepped inside to see who it was. Low and behold, it was Jude.

"Jude, what's wrong?" I asked with a concerned tone in my voice.
"Its George."
"What about himm?"
"I'm scared."
"About what?"
"I'm scared that he won't like me. Lucy told me about him, he seems perfect and I'm just a hot mess," she cried and put her head to he knees; I sat down next to her to comfort her.
"Shhh, it alright. Let's get ye cleaned up and then ye can go face George and he'll like ye."
"How do ye know?"
"Jude, ye may be a mod, but yer the prettiest mod in town. There's no way he'll turn ye away,"  Jude nodded and smiled. She stood up and walked over to the sink and wiped a wet towel on her face. Her eyes were no longer red and puffy; she actually looked better than she did this morning.

We walked out of the bathroom; Paul had already left for class, which I didn't mind, nobody likes a clingy partner.

We walked over to the freshmen part of the building. There we saw this kid, hair all done up like Elvis', kinda like John's hair. I walked up to him and tapped his on the shoulder; he turned around.
"Can I help ye?" his accent was thick, but cute.
"Um yeah, ye can. Do ye know where George is?"
"Ye lookin at him." he flashed me a big smile; he had the cutest little fangs.
"Ah great, my sister was lookin for ye."
"Where is the lovely bird?"
"Over there," I pointed at the end if the hall.
"The girl with the blue bow?"
"Yeah, that's her."
"She's gorgeous!"
"Ye like mods George?" I asked him while laughing a little; he nodded furiously. He slicked back the sides of his hair and walked up to Jude.

"Ey love, ye new around here?"
"Yeah, just moved from Blackpool."
His accent is so thick, its so cute. God I hope he likes me. Jude thought.
"Blackpool?" He asked.
"Yeah."
"Dangerous isn't it?"
"Why do ye think we moved." Jude began to laugh and I knew that they were hitting it off. I walked out of the freshmen hallway and somehow got to the junior part of the building. I saw John hitting on some random bird. I'm not surprised. He slightly turned and I guess he saw me at the corner of his eye cause he left his bird and walked toward me.

"Ello love," he somehow got me against a wall; he put an arm up so I couldn't leave.
"What do ye want John?" I was starting to get annoyed with him.
"I wanted to ask ye somethin." I tried to leave but he wouldn't let me. "Look, Paul plays right?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Well, I know that ye don't want to come to the concert-" I cut him off.
"John yer singin a few songs in a field, its not a concert." He gave me look, a look I didn't like. His nose was all scrunched up and his eyes starting squinting. I guess he doesn't like being told he's wrong.
"Anyway," he continued, still briefly giving me that weird look, "I know ye don't want to come and see me, but it would mean a lot to me if ye came and brought Paul, we need someone like him."
"I'll think about it Lennon. Now let me leave." He put his arm done and let me go.

The school day went by rather fast, I didn't complain. My date with Paul kept getting closer and closer and I got more and more excited.

As I was waiting for mum to pick me up, Jude was no where in sight, I began thinking how I should dress, how to do my hair, all that girly crap. Then a high pitched squeal ruined my thoughts, it could only be Jude.

"AH! OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!"
"What?" I grabbed a hold of her and began laughing.
"GEORGE IS SO INTO ME!" She squealed again.
"Told ye, ye had nothin to worry about."
"I know, I should trust ye more often I guess." She smiled and we waited for mum to show up. Jude would not shut up about George. In the middle if one of Jude's rants, I saw Lucy walk out of the building. We made eye contact and she walked over.

"'Ey, whats up? Did Jude meet George yet?"
"UGH YES HES PERFECT!" Jude shouted.
"She hasnt shut up about him since we got out here."
"Wow! Yeah George said he liked ye, I'm glad. I just have one thing to say to ye about datin him."
"And what is that?"
"Never, and I mean NEVER, steal, take, or borrow ANY of his food."
"Okay, easy enough."
"Other than that he's a great guy."
"UGH HE SO POLIETE ITS SO CUTE!"
"At least he's got manners." Jude turned to me and laughed, and I joined in.
"So...Paul...and you..."
"What about us?"
"Ye got a date tonight, right?"
"Yeah wh-" I was cut off by my mums car horn. "See ye later Lucy!"
"Bye Lucy." Jude waved goodbye.
"Bye girls," she smiled and waved and laughed and began to walk home.

John rode his bike home. He saw a beautiful brown haired girl walking on the sidewalk. He rode in front of her then stopped to keep her from leaving.
"What ye want Winston?"
"EY! Don't call me that!" Lucy smiled, she loved pissing John off.
"So what ye want?" Lucy smiled. "Lookin for a girl to fuck?" She smiled and laughed.
"Fuck off ye twat."
"Oh, I think its so funny watching ye get mad," she continued laughing.
"Yer cuter when ye don't speak."
"Well Lennon, that's somthin that's never gonna happen." John rolled his eyes.
"I don't even know why I stopped to talk to ye."
"Mimi would be discusted by the way ye actin around girls," he gave her a long cold stare. "It's true and ye know it," she let out a little laugh. "Why can't ye have manners like Paul and George?"
"Cause manners are for cunts." Lucy let out an offended gasp.
"Ye should be ashamed of yourself John Winston Lennon, ashamed."