027; surprise adoption

"are you two getting kidnapped today?" my mom asked as we ate breakfast. carly had decided we should have mcdonalds since everything else was "too british" for her liking.

"mom, have some manners. we're getting surprise adopted, not kidnapped," i scolded my mother while gesturing towards her with a broken plastic fork.

"who's surprise adopting us today?" carly asked.

"uhh, i have no idea. let me check the schedule," i replied.

"you have a schedule of who gets to kidnap you?" my mom asked with a chuckle.

"it was will's idea. he's a very methodical person," carly said.

"speaking of wilbur, it's his turn today," i stated.

"well you should go get ready. wouldn't wanna make your kidnapper wait," my mom said with a smile.

time skip brought to you by my many missing assignments that i should probably be doing right now

a/n: i'm aware wilbur can't drive. my fanfiction, my rules smh

"WILBYYYYYY!" carly screamed as she burst through the front door.

"CHARLESSSSS!" wilbur screamed with equal enthusiasm.

"did you just call me charles?" carly asked. she put her hand over her heart dramatically with an overly offended expression plastered across her face.

"as a matter of fact, i did call you charles. what are you, sherlock holmes?" wilbur teased.

"men these days, ugh," carly groaned.

"get in the car shirley. you too, y/n," wilbur said.

"so where are we going?" i asked as wilbur drove away from my house.

"you'll see," he said with a grin.

"i have exactly zero faith in you wilbs," carly said.

"shut up charlie puth. i may not be able to legally drive, but at least i have a brain in my head," wilbur replied.

"how much longer 'til we get there?" i questioned, already tired of hearing the duo bicker.

"not much, maybe 20 minutes," wilbur informed us, looking at us through the rear view mirror.

"this is gonna be the longest car ride of my entire life," i grumbled.

time skip brought to you by my substitute art teacher, who is definitely gay

"we're here," wilbur said.

"thank fuck, finally," carly replied, clearly tired of being in a car with wilbur.

"is this a toy store wilby?" i asked.

"indeed," he answered. "i heard from a friend that they have some cool sanrio shit."

carly began to make noises similar to that of an elephant in heat, which i assumed meant she was excited. she ran into the store eagerly, wilbur and i trailing behind her.

when we entered the store i turned to wilbur and said, "make sure that dumbass doesn't do anything that could get us in any legal trouble. i'm gonna go do.. something."

"alrighty then. but in 20 minutes you better get your ass back over here 'cause then it's your turn," wilbur replied.

i nodded in agreement, then wandered off towards the back of the store.

"this ain't spencers emo, you're not gonna find any ding dong apparel back gere!" shouted some crusty twelve year old with a mullet and a neon yellow tshirt that read "tractor supply."