025; phone call

"PHIL, PAUSE THE FUCKING TV," i screamed.

phil paused the movie with a look of confusion plastered on his face.

i looked at my phone for a moment as it rung on the table. i stared at the all so familiar number and contemplated answering.

finally, i picked up the phone and answered the call. i walked into the kitchen to avoid any background noise.

"hello?" i asked warily.

"hi y/n," a painfully familiar voice responded begrudgingly.

"why did you call me, alisha?" i questioned, not having the patience for small talk.

"well, ms. l/n, i'm sending my daughter to the uk for six months. if you would like to let her stay with you, you may do so. quite frankly i couldn't care less if she has anywhere to stay. as long as she's not my problem i'm satisfied," she said.

"let me get this straight," i began.

"you? straight? i could never imagine that," she chuckled.

i sighed and continued what i was saying.

"you're sending your seventeen year old daughter to the uk for six months alone because you don't want her to be 'your problem.' you didn't bother arranging some place to stay for her either. and she has a name, so why don't you use it?"

"seventeen? i thought she was fifteen. and i absolutely hate her name. her father came up with it. it sounds like that of a stripper, or that horrendous children's show." she complained.

"clearly you don't care, but carly will be staying with me while she's in the uk," i stated.

"you'll understand if you make the same mistake i did and end up with your own little needy pieces of shit someday," her mother grumbled before ending the call.

"y/n, who was that?" wilbur asked cautiously, as if he thought i might snap at him for talking too fast.

"can someone give me a ride to my house?" i asked, avoiding wilbur's question.

"i can!" niki said cheerfully.

"i'm coming along with you two," wilbur declared.

"whatever floats your boat will," i said.

time skip brought to you by my neverending hamilton phase

"so when's her flight?" niki asked after i explained the phone call to the duo.

"shit, i don't know," i mumbled.

"well you should probably figure it out. if you need help with anything let me know," wilbur said.

"thanks. we're almost at my house, i can walk from here," i commented.

"y/n, it's raining," he chastised.

"i like the rain. please?" i begged.

"niki, what do you think?" wilbur asked hesitantly.

"i don't think it's a particularly great idea, but i guess it's fine with me if it's fine with you," she said.

"alright, fine," he sighed.

"thanks will!" i exclaimed.

"text me when you get home though, alright? and don't say i didn't warn you if you get a cold," he said.

"yep, sure. bye niki! bye will! love you guys!" i bid the two farewell and began to walk to my house, mentally preparing myself to share the news about carly with my family.

a/n: SURPRISEEE

NEW CHAPTER FOR YOU GUYS BECAUSE YOU'RE SPECIAL

THAT'S ALL I HAVR TO SAY LOVR YOI GUYS SLEEP MKRE THAN I DO AND BE HEALTHY LITTLE SHITS OKAY BYEE