016; temporary goodbyes

"WAKE UP MOTHERTRUCKER!" someone screamed in my face as my alarm blared in the background.

"what the hell?" i mumbled as i opened my eyes. there was a figure blocking out the majority of the light from the window behind it.

"i couldnt scream 'motherfucker', your brother is in the other room dipshit," the figure hissed. as my eyes began to adjust to the sparse amount of light, i realized the figure was none other than carly.

"its eight in the fucking morning, what do you want," i groaned.

"im going back to america today. y'know, cantamos americanos?"

"that means we sing america dumbass," i sighed. ive known carly for years, and once she wakes you up, your not going back to sleep. then again, there was no harm in trying.

"CMON Y/N! WAKEY WAKEY TURTLE EGGS AND SEA BAKEY!" carly screamed as she started her own conga line around my room.

"i will take you hostage and dump your limbless body in brazil," i threatened groggily.

"brazil is where i conga," carly cheered as she pulled out her phone and started playing one margarita by luke bryan.

"CARLY WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?!" i yelled over the music, now fully awake.

"BLASTING LUKE BRYAN?" carly shouted back.

"CARLY HE'S A MARRIED MAN!" i shrieked mockingly.

"oh," she stopped her music and began to sulk.

"i dont have time for this shit," i stated before grabbing some clothes lazily strewn across a chair and walking away.

time skip brought to you by my friends making me break up with someone im not dating

"carly quit throwing a temper tantrum and get in the car," i pleaded. she had been clinging to the front door as i helplessly tried to pry her away.

"i already told you, if i dont show up for the flight i dont have to leave," she informed me.

"carly you can come back in a few months," i grumbled.

"a few months is a long time y/n," she whined.

"carly, i will let you drive if you get your ass off the pavement and quit complaining," i offered. neither of us really knew how to drive, but carly had driven her aunts car once so she had better chances than i did.

"okay!" she chirped as she stood up with a smile and hopped into the car.

"wrong side dumbass. your still in the uk," i said, which caused her to burst into another frantic fit of overly dramatic cries.

"carly, your gonna get me arrested if you drive like a crying twelve year old. pull yourself together and drive."

"what do you know? you drive like a guanaco," carly retorted.

"what the hell is a guanaco?" i questioned.

tw: mention of anorexia

"it's a relative of a camel. it's basically an anorexic llama," she explained cheerfully.

tw over

"i dont even know why i asked," i mumbled.

another time skip brought to you by my army of satanic furbies

"carly."

"no."

"carly this is the last call for your flight."

"no."

"carly get your slenderman ass on that plane before i have to throw you on myself," i threatened.

"fine," she sighed dramatically.

"you are such a fucking drama queen," i grumbled.

"yea, i know, thanks," she replied.

"i did not imagine id be telling a sassy slenderman to get on a plane at 9:30 AM on a saturday," i remarked.

"theres a group of children staring at us," carly pointed out.

sure enough, there was a group of thirteen year olds, the one in front snickering at us.

"keep laughing and you wont have any teeth, kid," i sneered. all but one from the group backed away cautiously.

"sorry to bother you, but are you carly and y/n?" the kid asked politely. now that the other kids had backed away i got a better look at them. they had fluffy dirty brown hair and bright green eyes. they were wearing an oversized dream hoodie and jeans.

carly, who wasn't great at social situations, grabbed my arm and said in an exaggerated tone, "and walk away."

"yea, that's us," i smiled, then turned to carly and scowled.

"you guys are so pog! you inspired me to tell my mom i was non binary," they beamed.

carly immediately brightened at the topic. "that's amazing! if you dont me asking, how did your mom take it?"

"she was super accepting! i probably wouldn't have had the courage to tell her if it weren't for you guys."

"im so glad we could help," carly smiled.

"we have to get going, but it was great chatting with you, and congratulations!" i said quickly before shoving carly away from the exit.

"go," i demanded. carly nodded and began to walk away.

suddenly, she turned around and shouted, "y/n!"

i nodded for her to continue what she was saying.

"see you on the other side of the war!" she sang obnoxiously.

"see you on the other side of the war," i sang back just as horrendously.

she saluted me mockingly, then walked away.

a/n: I DID IT. IT HAS BEEN OVER TWO MONTHS BUT I FINALLY GOT MY ASS TO WORK AND WROTE SOMETHING. BIG THANKS TO -ARIESANNA FOR EMOTIONAL SUPPORT

as always drink water, eat something, take your meds if you need to, and happy pride month <3