22nd February

The silence was loud in the hallway, multiple figures gathered outside the large entrance. Praying, hoping, and silent sobs. Despair blanket the area, as if it was raining indoors even though it was snowing outside.

The red electronic signboard with the word "OPERATION" finally dimmed. Everyone instinctively stood up and made their way to the door, their heart filled with a glimmer of hope that the geared-up figure walking out of the swinging double door would be the bearer of good news.

"I'm sorry, we failed to resuscitate her. The patient's time of death is 16:44"  

Rindo dropped to the ground, his knees went soft hearing the news. Ran took a few steps back, he leaned on the wall while slowly sinking to the ground, he rocked his head back, banging repeatedly on the wall trying to convince himself that this is all just a nightmare and the pain will wake him up and when he opened his eyes, the girl he loves will be sleeping soundly beside her. He hated himself for those moments he took for granted, he would do anything just to see that sight again. Anything.

A blonde male slowly made his way towards the fallen brothers, he held out an arm, a chain dangled from his hand, a bloodied round locket was sitting on his palm. 

"It belonged to y/n. She was holding onto it when they retrieved her body..." the corners of his mouth arched down, his lips were trembling as droplets escape his eyes out of control.

The braid male took the locket, holding it near and dear to his heart. This was the closest he will ever get to being near y/n, he grabbed the pendent tight, the blood on the locket transferred onto his palm and stained his shirt but he didn't mind, it's her blood. The only thing left of her that he can hold.

A loud crash pierced the silence, Takemitchi fell to the ground, his body shifted the chairs along the hallway. 

"IT'S YOUR FAULT THAT SHE'S DEAD. WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP HER?!" a wobbly voice traveled from Rindo. He continued making his way to Takemitchi and repeatedly punched his face, blood splattered onto Rindo's face the more he punched. His eyes blurred from the tears and his temperature rose. 

Chifuyu ran forward to stop him but it was futile, Rindo did not stop. He continued punching and punching, his blows loses strength the more he punched. 

"Tell the brothers I'm sorry I won't be able to join them for dinner or take over Japan together," Takemitchi yelled in-between Rindo's relentless punches, his tears continued uncontrollably.

"Huh?"  Rindo scoffed a laugh, what the fuck is he talking about right now?

"Those were her last words." his croaky voice replied.

Rindo stopped. He knew no one was to blame, y/n did it out of her own will. But he chose not to think logically, he wanted someone to blame for this mess. He needs a scapegoat to blame for y/n's death. The first and last girl he will ever— love. 

It hurt both the brothers to hear her last words. It hurt so much that they couldn't protect her. They felt like they didn't deserve y/n. Someone whom they failed to protect was thinking of them during her last moments. Who cares about taking over Japan? They would give everything up just for her to be alive now. 

"Is Haitani Rindo and Haitani Ran here?" 2 mature figures in a dark blue uniform walked through the hallway, the crowd made way as they near the brothers. 

"Both of you are under arrest for instigating conflict resulting in the death of Izana Kurokawa." 

☾ 

2 years later

"Brother, hurry up." Rindo stood in front of the rusted gates watching his brother slowly swerving the bike to the side, the engine sound diminished.

Rindo held a bouquet of flowers mixed with orchid and bellflower and made their way inside. They stroll along the path filled with moss and grim, the branches stood tall above them intersecting through threads of brown autumn leaves.

A small pond sat at the side of the green path, age and abandonment stained the water. Dried leaves and dead bugs were floating on the water surface, the sound of cicadas echoed through the musty air. They continued navigating forward, finally reaching their destination. 2 marbled monuments greeted them ahead.

"Are you doing well, y/n? We just got out of juvenile today. I don't know what's your favorite flower because you didn't get the chance to tell us yet so here's a bouquet of Orchid and Bellflower." Rindo placed the bouquet on the slab below the monument.

"We met a guy, he goes by Terano South. That guy is crazy strong, we'll be able to take over Japan at this rate. I hope you still remember our promise. We'll take over Japan together with you." Ran stepped forward, he insert a hand inside his collar to reveal the locket hanging from his neck.

"You'll always be with us. You'll be the only girl I love for the rest of my life~" Ran smiled and did a charismatic pose, "Did your heart finally skip a beat when you see me~?"

Rindo kicked his brother away and crouched in front of you, "Ignore Ran, he's embarrassing to watch. Here, I'll give you a copy of this so you can look at it when you miss us." Rindo took out a polaroid photo 3 of you took 2 years ago when they gifted you the camera and placed it on the footstone, he picked up a heavy rock nearby and placed it on top of the film to secure it in place. 

'I love you, y/n. For eternity. When we meet in hell one day, all you've to tell me is "I do"' Rindo spoke to you through his thoughts. He would've wanted you to go to heaven but there's no way heaven has a spot for any of you.

Both brothers stood up to fix their outfits and left. Occasionally turning back to look at the marbled tomb to wave goodbyes. 

The end 

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡