(∩˃o˂∩)♡ 第三十四章

"Momma, it's your 14th death anniversary. I brought your favorite flower as promised. I'll get going first, please watch over the brothers for me. I love you." you prayed and laid a bouquet of Daisies on top of the marbled monument.

 ♥ 1 hour ago 

"Can we just go out and have fun today?" you tilted your head up to look at the brothers towering above your height, they were clothed in the black Tenjiku's uniform paired with a loose black trouser. 

"Y/n, it's Tenjiku and Toman's battle today. We'll go out for dinner tonight, okay?" Ran replied while fixing the skull brooch on his uniform collar. You turn to look at Rindo and he gave you a reassuring smile.

"Promise me you'll be safe. Please be careful, don't do anything rash during the fight," you repeated, you've lost count of how many times you've cautioned the brothers. You've been constantly reminding them to be extra careful during the fight after every failed attempt to convince them to not go.

"You're acting like a mother, y/n. Stay home and wait for our victory." Rindo pinched your nose causing you to scrunch upon his release, both brothers waved you goodbyes and closed the door. The flashback of your conversation with Keisuke on the bridge made its appearance in your head. If anything, his reassurance perked your anxiety.

You let out a sigh and changed into a black zipper jacket with black jogging pants, you accessorize with a white bucket hat and put on a white face mask to shield your features, and leave the house.

The fight has already begun when you arrived at the scene, you saw Kisaki sitting at the tallest crate along with Hanma and Izana. Your eyes scanned the area and found Chifuyu fighting with Mochizuki, slightly ahead of them you spotted Takemitchi talking to Kakucho.

"Kakucho.. Do you know about Emma's death?" an orotund voice came out of Takemitchi's mouth. You were at a loss for words, you could feel your heart race, what did he mean by that? Emma is... dead?  

"Huh?" you muttered when you felt a tear trail down one of your eyes. Kakucho did not reply to Takemitchi's statements, a look of guilt linger in his eyes. You were about to run towards Takemitchi to get a definite answer from him when someone grabbed onto your wrist, you turn your head and saw Chiyo.

"Is it true? Did something happen to Emma?!" you demanded; "Who did it?" you probed further when the figure failed to reply. "WHO?!" you yelled at her, your lips trembled in anger, the throbbing veins in your neck intensified.

"DAMMIT CHIYO, WHO FUCKING DID IT?!" you repeated, grabbing both her arms and shaking her violently trying to get an answer, hot tears were falling off your eyes. Emma is innocent, she did nothing to deserve this. Why should she pay for her life just because a bunch of teenagers can't get over themselves?!

"Ki-" before Chiyo could complete her sentence, you released your grip. Outbursts of crying and exaggerated laughter joined the roar and grunts of the ongoing battle. Your head hurts right now, you tried to think but you couldn't. Among all your theories and planning, it has never occurred to you that Emma would be used as a pawn in this.