53

Layla POV

I lay in this hospital bed feeling like shit. My body hurted and I felt so ugly. Worse part is I lost a baby over lontrell's drama.

I know I wasn't ready to be a mother but i would of tried my best. But as my grandmother always say god knows why. Maybe god saw that lontrell is in the deep end with this street shit and I wasn't mentally prepared to raise this baby by myself. 

"Hey boops." Kacey said pushing the hospital door jayda trailing behind her.

"Hey sugar." Jayda said coming over and kissing my cheek.

"Hey mamas."

"I came as soon as i heard." Jayda said brushing her hand over my hair.

"Where pooh shiesty ass at tho?" Kacey asked looking around.

"Saw him once since."

"He got you in this bitch by yo self after he caused this. I told you to not forgive him. "

"Yeah girl kacey right." Jayda cosigned.

I sighed sitting up slowly. My head was hurting and my vision was blurry.

"Yall stop. " i croaked out grabbing my vitamin water and try to drink it with wincing when I swallowed.

"So you gon stick beside him?" Jayda asked.

"You stick beside baby don't you?"

"Yeah bu-"

"Ok. I know lontrell ain't perfect but that's who I choose to be with because I know at anytime he gon ride for me."

"Mhmm." Jayda said rolling her eyes as kacey shook her head.

The room fell silent until the door opened and kayla came in.

"Bitch you need to get pooh." She said sitting in the chair at my bedside.

"Why?"

She pulled her phone out handing it to me. It was a fox 13 headline.

HOUSE SHOT UP IN A DRIVE BY. 4 DEAD.

"Scroll across." She said to me.

TWO DEAD BODIES WERE FOUND FLOATING ALONG THE RIVER IN MEMPHIS.

"Scroll again."

LITTLE GIRL MISSING FROM THE SOUTH MEMPHIS AREA. SOURCES SAY IT'S GANG RELATED.

"There's more."

BARBER SHOP BURNED TO THE GROUND A DAY AFTER BEING ROBBED.

"You think he's involved in all these?" I asked kayla stunned.

"YES.LAYLA EVERY NIGHT YOU LAY UP WITH THAT MAN YOU DON'T KNOW HE'S A DEMON. A PSYCHOPATH.  He has no ending."

I layed back and no matter how much I tried to feel bad i couldn't. That man beat me, spit on me and killed my unborn child.

"I like that." I said looking at her.

"Huh?" Kayla asked.

"I like that he's all that. I don't give a fuck because when that man was doing this to me. He didn't care so i don't care. Let him do it."

All eyes fell on me and I smirked like what the hell Yall expected my nigga not going to slide.

Late evening fell and baby shiesty was keeping me company.

I heard a slight knock on the hospital door and baby shiesty got up holding on to his gun in his waist.

"Who is it?"