Chapter 28

Hi, I did some minor edits on the previous chapter.
Nothing serious. Just buttressed some points. Its fine if you don't want to re-read it.

..........As soon as, the video started playing everyone had a smile on their faces as they anticipated the story of the new couple's love.

Smiles that soon turned into looks of utter confusion as the first scene unfolded before their eyes.

The first person one could see was Ellie in Sinclair's house. People started looking at each other and most of them searching for Ellie.

I quickly looked over at her and Sinclair as well, where they were seated together and I could see colour drain from her face leaving her pale.

Sinclair had a smirk on his face and I immediately got suspicious...

What the hell is going on here?
I asked my self

SHARON'S POV

I looked at myself in the mirror and tears welled in my eyes.  I couldn't believe who I was seeing.

Who is this sophisticated lady before me?
I thought to myself

It's me
I said out loud to my self

Giggling, I did a twirl looking at my self from all angles.

"You look absolutely gorgeous my girl"
My nanny said to me as she wiped tears from her eyes

I walked up to her and gave her a hug. This woman is the mother I never had.

Dont get me wrong, my parents are alive. The both of them and no, they are not divorced.

Far from it. They love each other too much.

Unfortunately, that love does not transfer to me their only child.

Their own idea of loving me is leaving me the credit card. Money I could never exhaust.

My parents are both philosophers.. travelling the world together and leaving me with my nanny.

"I can't bear to watch the police take you away on monday, we have to prove your innocence "
She said, cradling my face

"But I am not innocent nana
I said,  wiping her face as I released her from the hug. Atleast not completely.  I deserve to be punished for what I did to Sarah.
I take responsibility for that"

"But..."

"Shhhh.... no buts"

I said as I placed my index across her lips

"Now don't  cry anymore,  I have to get to that wedding party and take down Ellie and I won't be able to go knowing that you are feeling like this.

Okay?"

She gave me a nod in affirmation and with that, I left the house, jumped into my new car with all the elegance I could muster before I would change my mind and also, knowing that she was looking at me through the window.