Chapter 39

Maddison Brooks

My head was bulking.

The door was bulking.

His arms held me close, his warm body pressing against my back; his morning wood was pressed against my behind not that I complained knowing it could actually fit inside me some how.

An easy breeze of air came though the open window and filled the room with the smell of ocean.

"Maddison, I'm going in!" Max yelled from the other side of the door.

Shit

Pulling the quilt over Charles large body to cover him up from my brothers sight. Maybe it just looks like a pile of pillows by my side, that is breathing.

I'm screwed.

Just as the door opened into the bedroom I had been given yesterday. At the same time Charles pulled the quilt from his head, clearly not getting the memo that he was supposed to be a pillow; a lot of pillows or one really darn big one. His dark brown hair fell over my eyes, leaving me in no sight of my brothers reaction as Charles pressed a kiss to my cheek. "Dude what the fuck?!" Charles froze with his lips still pressed against my cheek while his arms tightened around me.

I hope Max don't see me though Charles fur of hair over my face as blood rushed to my face in humiliation.

Somehow I knew that everyone would find out one way or another, but not today.

Someone walking down the corridor of rooms was heard when everyone was quiet and not knowing what to say. Charles rested his forehead against mine; not daring to move away and look at his friend since childhood. "What's happening here?" My moms groggy morning voice spoke.

I wanna die.

"Oh." I could feel my mothers gaze on me even of Charles covered almost all of me when he laid over me. "I'm not surprised."

I pushed Charles off me and sat up in bed, the quilt falling from my body and revealing Charles hoodie that I thought I was going to give back but now he will never have it back. "What?" I asked confused, why wasn't she surprised? I've hated him for as long I can remember so wouldn't this surprise her?

I looked over to my brother that stood and looked between the bed where I was and our mom that stood next to him; trying to get a grip on what just happened.

"I'm not surprised."

"Why?"

"When you where five you kissed when you thought no one was looking, it was really cute." Air got stuck in my lungs at her remark. Coughing in a try to let air float into my lungs once again. Charles petted my back as I coughed, coughing so my head was hurting more then when I woke up.

Almost like he could sense it; he reached over me and took the water bottle and half painkiller that laid in the coffee table next to the bed. Giving it to me; swallowing the pill with water. His eyes looked like he looked at the most beautiful art in the world.

"What's happening here?" My fathers voice filled the room. I groaned.

Not more humiliation please.