CHAPTER 28

RHYS POV

"Pacing back and forth is not helping El inside!" Aria said in annoyed tone. I groaned and sat on the bench. "That's better!" She said and sat beside me.

"It's been hours!" I huffed in frustration. "It's all my fault." I was filled with guilt. Because of me she is in there. "No it's not! She won't like it if you blame yourself." She patted my shoulders. "Coffee?"

I nodded and she disappeared out of the waiting room. Few minutes passed and still no sign of Elyse or Aria. I was about to doze of when a doctor entered the room.

"She is stable now! Luckily the bullet missed her heart with 2 inches. Except that there are no major injuries. She will be fine but we don't have any idea when she will be awake. It can be days, Months and maybe even years." He left after giving the news.

2 inches and she would've died.I asked one of the nurse where her room was.The directed me towards the room 804.

I hesitated for a second to walk inside.I took a moment,Sucked in a deep breath and walked inside. My heart broke when I saw her.She had a bandage on on her head and few of them on her hand.

I kissed her forehead and left the room because I couldn't look her,at least not today.

I needed some air so I went outside and lit a cigarette. I want her to be better soon.I want to wrap my arms around her and kiss her.

-----------

It's been 15 days and she is still in coma. I visit her everyday and the rest of time I am on hunt to find Tim.

"I found something!"Ezra came to me and said. "Abandoned Warehouse.Possible safe house of Tim."

"Let's go!You inform few guards,I will meeting you there.Send me the location."I grabbed my gun and my bike's key.I opened the location Ezra send to me and started navigation.

I reached at the site in 20 minutes.I parked my bike at the safe distance and hide myself behind a tree.

I had some time to spend so I messaged El's doctor.'How is she?'

'She's fine!But we have to operate on her.'

'What?why?'

'Few scraps of metal were found in her blood. If we don't operate by tomorrow her whole blood will be infected because the parts where the metal was found is already infected and if not treated we have to transfer whole new blood in her body.we are transferring her blood right this moment.'

'Is it that serious?'

'If not treated,Yes!It can be life threatening too so it will take minimum 8-10 hours.'

'8 hours?!'

'I am afraid so!It's a complicated surgery we have to perform it carefully.'

'What time?'

'Early morning!5 or 6am'

'Alright!I will be there!'

I groaned and hit the tree With force.The tree opened a crack as I hit it again.

I was angry at myself.That night replays on my mind every second which boils my blood. Every time I look at her only one question run's through my mind,'How can I face her when she wakes up?'

My hand was bleeding and scraps of wood were sticking out from the wound.I remove the pieces visible and as soon as I was on my last piece Ezra and 5 guards arrived.

"Dude!Not again.It's 5th time."He grumbled. I brushed it of and told them the plan.Hopefully this works and Tim is captured.

They understood the plan and took there positions. The first two guards shot the two people standing on the entry.They were Tim's man because they had a weird tattoo on their arms which apparently all his man's have.

That night when El got hurt they had those same tattoos and before that at all those other shipments.

I signalled two of them to guard outside as we all five enter the warehouse. As soon as we open the gates we found few men packing drugs. They all took out their gun and so did we. It took us almost 15 minutes to kill those guys. We opened the gate which was blocked by the table they were packing drugs on. We found seven women and girls tied up and blindfolded. They had napkins stuffed in their mouths.

I ordered guards to send them to their respective families and pack all the drugs in case of evidence. I went outside and Ezra followed me. "Sorry dude!" He sighed. "You should clean that up." He pointed towards my head where a wound reopened.

"El is going under a another surgery tomorrow at 5 or 6 in morning. Can you just tell Aria or she will kill me." I said.

"Another surgery? For what?" He asked.

"Scraps of metal were found in her blood. It will take 10to8 hours so I will probably be there so can you handle tomorrow?"

"Yeah Sure!" He said and patted my shoulders. I left the scene after I knew the girls were safe and all the drugs were packed. I also told the guards to burn the warehouse.

I don't know how will I handle if tomorrow goes wrong.