Chapter 22

RHYS POV

I have nothing to do.I am literally sitting on my bed staring at the wall while I wait for Ezra to call back.Suddenly my door burst open revealing Elyse.Her neck was badly bruised and Her eyes were blood shot red.

I immediately ran towards her but she pushed me away."El what happened?"I asked.Anger was boiling in my veins and I was opening and closing my arms to control it.

"I don't want to talk to you!"She said angrily and took out some ice from mini fridge.

"Please!"I begged her to tell me."Why didn't you tell me about all the dangers It comes after marrying you.You know I really thought that maybe after coming here I would be safe from my parents and all the physical hurting they do but who knew living here is more dangerous."

I walked towards her and grabbed the ice from her."Get away from me!"She pushed me but I didn't move.She kept pushing and hitting me until she break into sobs.I wrapped my arms around her as she cried on my chest.I gently held her face with both my hands and made her look at me.I wiped her tears and kissed her forehead.

"I am sorry El!Please let me help you!"She looked at me for a minute then nodded and sat on the edge of bed.I applied ice on her bruised neck."Apply ice and ointment everyday!It will fade quickly."I said applying ointment on her skin.She hissed in pain.

"Now Will you please tell me what happened?"I asked sitting beside her.I know exactly that Tim is behind all of these.She rested her head on my shoulders as she intertwined our hands.

"I was working when a man entered my store.As soon as he spoke I knew his voice sounded familiar.Soon I found out that this guy called me once before our marriage.It was like he was watching me.He was everywhere.

He grabbed my neck with force and lifted me. This bruise is a warning that if you interfere with his work again he is capable of doing worst.If you would've told or even gave me a hint I would've keep my guard up.

You know that you can share things with me and don't tell me that you were protecting me."She groaned.

"Why didn't you tell me he called you?"

"I tried to at our day of wedding.You remember that phone call!That night We got drunk and I completely forgot about it."She said and I remembered.

"I am sorry.I should've told you.But I was trying to protect myself.I didn't want you to think less of me."

"Rhys I was already hating you at that moment."

"Still!I was trying to protect you from something that you weren't aware of which is completely stupid now that I think of."

"That was stupid!Now can you please tell me!"She said and lay down on the bed.I copied her action and began telling her about Tim.

-------

"You really thought I will think less of you after hearing that then you are crazy!"She was sitting on my lap and I was rubbing small circles on her bare thigh.Don't ask how we got into that position.

"How's your neck now?"

"Don't change the subject.First promise me you will kill this man.Bullet right through his head."

"I have decided not to do anything.It is putting you in-"She cut me off."And you will let those innocent girls got ship of to other countries?-*Pause*-Don't worry about me,I will be fine!"She said.

"Okay but just promise me,If you wanna go out you will go with two bodyguards."

"I promise!But what about when I have to go out with you?"

"You don't think I can protect you?"I asked in a offended tone.

"Well-"

I didn't say anything and started tickling her.She fell on the bed with me on top of her tickling the life out of her."Rhys.....Stop!"She managed to say between those beautiful laughs.

"First admit that I can keep you safe and that I am hottest guy you have ever seen."I tickled more.

"Okay!"I stop tickling her and she said. "You can keep me safe.But you are not the hottest guy I have ever seen.Before you there are so many."She shrugged.

"I am offended!"I said in fake hurt tone as she smiled. That moment soon became an make out session.She was on top of me,her hand tangled in my hair. And her cold fingers touching my naked chest which were literally giving me goosebumps.

We roughly made out for an hour and Now Elyse is sleeping while I am calling Ezra after he left 15 missed calls and 3 voicemails. "Hello?!"

"Dude Seriously!"

"It's El!Tim gave her a visit and left her with a bruised neck."

"So you finally told her?"He asked and I hummed in response. "How did she take in then?"

"Pretty good!she told me to kill that guy!Bullet right through his head.We even made out for an hour after that!"

"Okay!"He awkwardly laughed. "He did pay her visit because his man were seen all around her shop." My jaw clenched and unclenched as he continued, "It's best if she stays near you or at least  in the castle.Tim isn't backing down this time!"

"Then let's finish him for good!" I said looking at Elyse.She got hurt because of me and I want to make everything right!I can't lose her,I can't bear the loss.We talked few minutes than Hung up.

I lay down on the bed trying to make a plan to kill him. Soon darkness swept over me.
.
.
.
.