CHAPTER 27

RECAP*
"El!It's going to be okay!"I assured her.I took a step forward and suddenly I heard a gun shot.

ELYSE POV
Me eyes were sealed shut as I fell on the floor.I was praying that I wasn't dead because that bullet shot was still ringing in my ears.

I heard my name but it was faint.Suddenly someone caught my arm."El!"

I slowly opened my eyes and soon my vision became clear.I saw Rhys sitting beside me with a horrified face.I looked around and saw that guy with a bullet hole on his back neck laying dead.Rhys helped me get up to my feet.

"What happened?"I asked."Ezra shot him!"He casually answered like that there isn't a dead body in front of us."Hey look at me!"I looked at him as he continued,"It's okay!you're fine!" He caressed my cheek and kissed my forehead. "I know!"

"Come on!It's not safe here!"I intertwined our hands. "What about Ezra and Aria?" I asked as we ran towards the car. "They will be fine!"

Hiram was already waiting outside with two guards.Rhys told them to follow us behind in other car.While in the car Rhys got numerous phone calls.My mind was having only one question,'What would've happened if I died there?' Which I was trying so hard to answer.

"Hey,what are you thinking?"He asked rubbing circles on my palm."Nothing!"I looked out of the window fiddling with my fingers.

Suddenly there were sound of gunshots. I looked in front and saw numerous bullet marks on windshield.As soon as I looked at Hiram our car hit a tree and My head banged on the window with force.

There was smoke everywhere and my head was spinning.I slowly lifted my hand to my head and I felt it wet.It was bleeding and the window glass was broken.

I looked at Hiram and he had a bullet wound on his chest.He was dead.I tried to calm myself down and look at Rhys.My rigid breathing and fast beating heart wasn't helping in this situation.

"El!Stay here!"He shouted.My vision was getting clearer and my senses were returning. "Rhys No!"I exclaimed and grabbed his arm.

"El!I will be fine.Please stay here.I can't lose you!"He added and got out of the car."Rhys!"I shouted but he was long gone.

THIRD PERSON POV!!

As soon as Rhys ran out of the car Elyse shouted after him.He even took a moment to look back but he knew at the moment he had to protect her.

The two guards from the car behind them came running towards him.All three of them had their guns out.

5 men emerged from the dark shadows with grenades and guns.Rhys and the guards were ready to fire and so were they.

One of the men threw a grenade at them.They all jumped and ducked as it exploded resulting in fire everywhere.Ad soon as the smoke got a little clearer all five men opened fire on them.

They all took cautious shots and were able to shot three men.Two were dead but another was injured enough not to fight.

As they were firing no one notice Elyse coming out of the car.Her forehead was bleeding and she had minor cuts on her arms.She knew in her heart that it was fool of her to come out but she was scared for Rhys. She took a few steps and immediately spotted him.

"Rhys!"She shouted with horror.His eyes immediately followed her voice. As soon as she walked further the car behind her exploded and she stumbled few steps.

Rhys reacted and send a guard towards her.She gained her balance and soon the guard reached to her.He shielded her with one arm while shooting with other.

Her eyes were on the man shooting but as soon as she got distracted the guard was shot and on the ground.She almost screamed as blood was spilled on her dress.

That same guy took another shot and this time it was directly to her.No voice came out of her mouth as the bullet made its way towards her.Fortunately Rhys noticed and ran towards her but he was to late.

Elyse was already falling to the ground.He reached her and took her in his arms. "Hey..Heyy...It's going to be okay." He was applying pressure on the bullet wound on her chest to stop blood. "Rhys-"Her eyes were slowly closing.

Strand of tears fell down from Rhys's face as he hold her.The guards and Ambulance arrived on the scene but his focus was only on Elyse.

"El!Hey...You're going to be okay!El!"He shook her but her eyes were already closed.He checked her pulse.It was there but very weak.

The ambulance rushed her to emergency.Rhys was filled with guilt,regret,anger and sadness.He couldn't bear the loss of her. He hurried behind them.His vision became blur because of all the tears but he didn't stop instead increased his speed.

This was the first time after his grandmother passed he has cried.If he lost her he would blame himself for rest of his life.