CHAPTER 15

ELYSE POV

Around 4 in morning I was awake because my head was exploding. I had too much to drink last night. I looked around and saw Rhys peacefully sleeping. I have got to get used to someone sleeping beside me.

I got up and started making my way towards the kitchen. I don't know how to cure a fucking hangover But a glass of water might help with my spinning head. I steady myself as I walked down the stairs. There was a eerie silence throughout the castle which weird or not was comforting me.

My footsteps were echoing and my breathing was audible to me. I switched on the lights. It was a huge room filled with cabinets and a Kitchen island in between with high stools. It also had a huge chandelier and a traditional interior.

I opened the double door fridge and took out cold water. I drank the whole bottle and sat on the stool with my head down. Suddenly I heard shuffling behind me. I immediately looked behind and saw Rhys rubbing his eyes.

"why are you up so late!" He asked sitting beside me. "I wanted a glass of water!"

"go to sleep Rhys.You look tired!"

"I can't! I am having nightmares." He huffed. "What are the nightmares about?" I never knew his nightmares started again. When he was 12 years old he got into an accident. And a very bad one. 

His Driver was driving Rhys home when a car coming from the opposite direction shot bullets on both front tires of the car. They even shot driver on the head in front of Rhys. He was hospitalised for 5 months because his injuries were very bad. His nightmares started the day after accidents. He also went to therapy for a year which helped him get rid of his nightmares.

"You know what they are about!" He sighed. "when did they start?"

"A month maybe."

"Come on, I will help you sleep!" I know how his nightmares can get worst. "But don't you hate me?" He raised his eyebrows still trying to process I said that.

"Even though I hate you,I still care about you. "His facial Expression changed and showed sudden sadness. He got up and we walked towards the room in silence.

We entered the room and went straights to the bed. "I want to cuddle!' He pouted. "Huh?!"

His arms snaked around my waist and he pulled me into his chest. "What are you doing!"I started shaking myself vigorously to free myself.

"please.It will help me sleep.Only for few minutes."I stopped shaking and he snuggled his head on crook of my neck.

Few minutes passed by and I still couldn't sleep neither can Rhys. "El?"He suddenly asked.I just hummed. "I'm sorry."He said.

"For what?"I pushed myself out of his hold to look at him. "For calling you all that stuff and for the pain I cause you!"

"Where is this coming from!"I shrugged.It was hard to see his facial expressions but I know they were changing rapidly.

"I don't want to fight anymore!"He scooted closer to me. "I don't want a marriage with hate relationship!"

"I don't.... I need time. Can we talk about this later? Tomorrow maybe!"

I turned around on the bed and closed my eyes. I heard him groan but I ignored it.

why change all of sudden. I also don't want a marriage with hate relationship. But I can't make all those years vanish or something. All I can do is try and make this marriage work and maybe someday I fall in love with him all over again.