𝓢𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓰𝓽𝓱

𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶

𝐓𝐖

𝒜𝓈𝓉ℯ𝓇𝒾𝓃

I was seventeen when one of my uncle's friends tried something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy-.

I sat shivering on the cold bathroom floor, a blade beside me on the sink. Silent tears ran down my cheeks as I covered my mouth with my right hand so that my sobs could not be heard. I didn't want to know what my uncle would do to me then.

My left hand kept moving towards the blade without me thinking about it.

Something in my head was screaming at me to do it, to escape all this, but another part was screaming, begging me not to.

My hand trembled and I dropped the blade on the floor without strength. My parents would be disappointed in me.

To have such a child for a daughter. But my parents were not there. They had died in a car accident a year ago. Sometimes I thought what I had done to deserve such a thing. I should have died- not my parents.

With a loud bang on the door, I jumped up and hastily wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"Come out right now. You have chores to do."

My uncle's voice echoed through the dark bathroom door and as quickly as I could, I hid the blade and yanked the door open. My uncle's ashy eyes gazed lifelessly at me. He was probably high or drunk again.

It was only when he grabbed me harshly by the wrist that I became aware of the other voices.

No, no, no. Please don't!

The voices of my uncle's friends sounded from the living room and sent icy shivers down my spine. I tried to free myself from my uncle's grip and run to my room, but all that happened was that his hand closed even tighter around my wrist.

Hissing, I stumbled after him and kept my head down. Instantly, as soon as we entered the room, it was silent - I even thought my heartbeat could be heard.

Abruptly, my uncle pushed me away from him and grunted, "Get us beers. Hurry up."

Hastily, I nodded. I didn't want to risk getting any more strokes. The ones from two days ago were still burning. In parts it felt like my chest was on fire.

My fingers were still trembling and the roaring in my ears made me block out all other sounds. And that had been my mistake...

Too late to react, a greasy, rancid body pressed me against the kitchen counter. The smell of alcohol and a scent of drugs rose to my nose as the man breathed against my neck. Disgust covered my whole body and I couldn't move an inch.

I moved back and forth, trying to get out of my panicked thoughts and think clearly, but this did nothing either, because the next moment I felt a hand move over my collarbone, forward to my breasts. Trembling and with the strength I had, I pinched the man's wrists, scratched and flailed around - but nothing happened.

His hand kept stroking my upper body, squeezing my breasts so that I hissed. His disgusting laughter would haunt me forever. When his hands stroked my breasts one last time, I thought it was finally over. But I thought wrong. His fingertips dug into my sides and pulled me even closer to him. And for the second time that day, I wished I had gone with my parents. Silent tears ran down my cheeks, each tear a drop of my life energy.

Gradually, panic spread through my whole body, making me tremble. My breathing became heavier and heavier and words wouldn't come out of my mouth. No matter how hard I tried.